Covert Data in .DBF files to MS Sql

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • pavanip
    New Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 53

    #1

    Covert Data in .DBF files to MS Sql

    Hi,

    I am having database files in .dbf format.I am new to Foxpro database.Now i want to convert those foxpro database files to Sql server. Can you guide me is there any other tools to convert .Dbf files to Sql server(.mdf,.ld f).Its very urgent to me if you know please suggest me.


    Thanks in Advance
    Pavani
  • ck9663
    Recognized Expert Specialist
    • Jun 2007
    • 2878

    #2
    Couple of options.

    1. Convert it to CSV and upload it as CSV.

    2. Use linkserver inside SQL Server.

    3. Use OPENROWSET to access external database.

    -- CK

    Comment

    • gpl
      New Member
      • Jul 2007
      • 152

      #3
      In Enterprise Manager, under tools is Data Transformation Services; this allows you to import and export data in a huge number of formats .... visual foxpro is just one of them
      Graham

      Comment

      • dmsoft
        New Member
        • Oct 2007
        • 2

        #4
        Hi,

        Look at http://dbconvert.com/convert-foxpro-...l-pro.php?DB=7

        I hope it will help.

        Comment

        Working...