Originally posted by hirak1984
Coder Vs Programmer
Collapse
X
-
Oh dear. You've got a lot of catching up to do.Originally posted by hirak1984need some explanation.... .
Comment
-
LOLOriginally posted by r035198x
That's not even the worst of it.
Have we hijacked this thread yet?Comment
-
We were discussing programmers nicely until you came along and thought we were discussing programmed instead.Originally posted by mmccarthySince it was your thread in the first place you can't hijack it so it's all r0's fault. I'm totally innocent of course.Comment
-
This is the part I dislike. I've noticed customers don't seem to do their research on what they really need/want.Originally posted by sicarieas well as determining those requirements with the customer (NOT an easy thing to do - working with both the customers and the programmers to find the balance between feature and feasability)Comment
-
And a lot of the time their wants aren't practical with their needs. This is why I dislike sales people, and why I have come to like (and hate sometimes), requirements documents.Originally posted by AricCThis is the part I dislike. I've noticed customers don't seem to do their research on what they really need/want.Comment
-
Now that this thread is (vaguely) back on track...
Far better idea to tell the customer what they need rather than asking what they want...
Clients want everything you offer, so never offer anything.....le t them explain what they are after and dictate their needs to them, allowing them to add requirements, but not offering anything more. (without adding "if we've got time we could add beels and whistles, some dancing lights and flashing bares (or was that dancing bears and flashing lights?)"Comment
-
Hi
i used to program machine language ie 165,35,174,01,2 20...... , so does this mean i was initially a coder to start with and was the task was complete and a program was formed i became a programmer.
things are never as stright forward as you think.
l8r
regards
rabComment
-
Before the task was completed, you were making a program so were a programmer.Originally posted by rhbt63Hi
i used to program machine language ie 165,35,174,01,2 20...... , so does this mean i was initially a coder to start with and was the task was complete and a program was formed i became a programmer.
things are never as stright forward as you think.
l8r
regards
rabComment
Comment