Weblogic / Tomcat differences on cookie storage

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • swebster
    New Member
    • Jun 2007
    • 34

    #1

    Weblogic / Tomcat differences on cookie storage

    Can someone explain the differences between setting cookies on TomCat or a Weblogic webserver?

    I discovered today during a deployment to Weblogic that a cookie can be set and retrieved in a single session. But, once the browser session is restarted the "onload="getCoo kie()" returns an error. In Tomcat however, it works perfectly.

    When the cookie is manually distoyed prior to form load, no errors are returned. But, when attempting to return values of an existing cookie in Weblogic it errors with 'null' is null or not an object.

    With Tomcat the cookie is set, retrieved and available upon new session.

    What, if anything, needs attention for Weblogic to return the cookie values on new session?

    Thanks
  • pbmods
    Recognized Expert Expert
    • Apr 2007
    • 5821

    #2
    Heya, swebster.

    I'm going to go ahead and move this thread to the Java forum, where our resident Experts will be better able to help you out.

    Comment

    • swebster
      New Member
      • Jun 2007
      • 34

      #3
      Thanks pbmods,

      There are several settings offered in the weblogic.xml build with the application for deployment. Has anyone ever run into something similar or have any advice on what needs to be set for this issue.

      Thanks.

      Comment

      • dmjpro
        Top Contributor
        • Jan 2007
        • 2476

        #4
        Originally posted by swebster
        Can someone explain the differences between setting cookies on TomCat or a Weblogic webserver?

        I discovered today during a deployment to Weblogic that a cookie can be set and retrieved in a single session. But, once the browser session is restarted the "onload="getCoo kie()" returns an error. In Tomcat however, it works perfectly.

        When the cookie is manually distoyed prior to form load, no errors are returned. But, when attempting to return values of an existing cookie in Weblogic it errors with 'null' is null or not an object.

        With Tomcat the cookie is set, retrieved and available upon new session.

        What, if anything, needs attention for Weblogic to return the cookie values on new session?

        Thanks
        I am new to Web-Logic :-)
        Is it a Web-Server?
        I think it is....So you are talking abut client side Cookie.
        Then I think Server's headache should not be there.
        It seems something .....absurd to me.

        Debasis Jana

        Comment

        • swebster
          New Member
          • Jun 2007
          • 34

          #5
          Originally posted by dmjpro
          I am new to Web-Logic :-)
          Is it a Web-Server?
          I think it is....So you are talking abut client side Cookie.
          Then I think Server's headache should not be there.
          It seems something .....absurd to me.

          Debasis Jana

          This is a client side cookie, however I believe Weblogic handles session differently then Tomcat. Much of the Weblogic documentation indicates several parameters to set within the weblogic.xml but at this point none of the ones I have set are making a difference. Oddly enough, if I distroy the cookie pre application launch the cookie storage and retrieval work fine.

          Here are some of the parameters I found so far.

          <param-name>CookieName </param-name>
          <param-name>Persistent StoreType</param-name>
          <param-name>CookiesEna bled</param-name>

          Still need more information on session...

          Scott

          Comment

          • dmjpro
            Top Contributor
            • Jan 2007
            • 2476

            #6
            Originally posted by swebster
            This is a client side cookie, however I believe Weblogic handles session differently then Tomcat. Much of the Weblogic documentation indicates several parameters to set within the weblogic.xml but at this point none of the ones I have set are making a difference. Oddly enough, if I distroy the cookie pre application launch the cookie storage and retrieval work fine.

            Here are some of the parameters I found so far.

            <param-name>CookieName </param-name>
            <param-name>Persistent StoreType</param-name>
            <param-name>CookiesEna bled</param-name>

            Still need more information on session...

            Scott
            Let's have wait for experts ... what they tell ....
            I am still confused ..........

            Debasis Jana

            Comment

            Working...