Saving data from a form to a table

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • coolj10
    New Member
    • Sep 2006
    • 2

    #1

    Saving data from a form to a table

    This is probably pretty easy, but I am new user of Access. I created a form where people enter data into certain fields and when they are done entering the data I want them to be able to click a button which then saves or records everything they just entered into a table and then they can continue entering different data. What is code behind this and what is the easiest way to accomplish this, any help would be great.

    Thanks,

    Justin
  • PEB
    Recognized Expert Top Contributor
    • Aug 2006
    • 1418

    #2
    Hi,

    Are you sure that you need a Save bouton?

    Access do it instaed you!

    Comment

    • coolj10
      New Member
      • Sep 2006
      • 2

      #3
      Maybe I didn't describe my situation properly. It is not as simple as pushing the save button in the file menu. How do I direct where the data in the fields entered in the form go? Everytime someone enters data in the form and push this "Save/next record" button the form clears and someone can enter new data. I know in the command button menu there is a save record function and next record function, is that what I should use?

      Comment

      • PEB
        Recognized Expert Top Contributor
        • Aug 2006
        • 1418

        #4
        In fact each form has Record Source property! To see this property click in form design on the properties bouton or click with right bouton and choose properties!

        Unsure you that you have choosen the FORM properties coz there are a lot in Access

        So one of the first properties are Record source properies..

        It's just there that you say where your data have to be stored...

        And you fill in your form with fields from this source...

        This what you want it's web based manner and it's good when you have more than 10 billions of records! And the Save bouton is very very helpful thing!

        But I hope that in your case you want to manage a database till 100 000 records...

        So the users haven't to care about the saving of record! They have to go to the next record or previous... No save, no more!

        :)

        Comment

        Working...