Hello everyone!
I am a flash designer and I am super new to xml. I have a flash site that displays text from an xml file into a dynamic text box in flash.
My problem is that one page is a news page which will constantly be updated and I need to be able to post links for users to download articles, pdfs etc. I have no idea how to make a hyperlink work in xml. I've been searching everywhere and I think I need to use xsl to make this work but I know absolutely nothing about xsl.
Here is my xml code:
[PHP]<?xml version="1.0"?>
<sections>
<text><![CDATA[<span class="boldtext ">August 17, 2007</span><br>Cach&# 233; Press Release: <i>Homecoming </i> Premieres at Montreal World Film Festival. <http://www.cachefilman dtelevision.com/assets/news/homecoming_pres s_release.pdf&g t;<br><br><span class="boldtext ">July 2007</span><br>Cach&# 233; Film & Television Launch!]]>></text>
</sections>[/PHP]
What appears in flash is this:
Basically, no link. :( Also, I would like the link to just appear as 'download'.
If I need to use xsl to do this, would somebody be so kind and tell me how to write the xsl and what to add to the xml? Please keep in mind that I will need to add more links to different locations as time passes.
Thank you so so much!
I am a flash designer and I am super new to xml. I have a flash site that displays text from an xml file into a dynamic text box in flash.
My problem is that one page is a news page which will constantly be updated and I need to be able to post links for users to download articles, pdfs etc. I have no idea how to make a hyperlink work in xml. I've been searching everywhere and I think I need to use xsl to make this work but I know absolutely nothing about xsl.
Here is my xml code:
[PHP]<?xml version="1.0"?>
<sections>
<text><![CDATA[<span class="boldtext ">August 17, 2007</span><br>Cach&# 233; Press Release: <i>Homecoming </i> Premieres at Montreal World Film Festival. <http://www.cachefilman dtelevision.com/assets/news/homecoming_pres s_release.pdf&g t;<br><br><span class="boldtext ">July 2007</span><br>Cach&# 233; Film & Television Launch!]]>></text>
</sections>[/PHP]
What appears in flash is this:
August 17, 2007
Caché Press Release: Homecoming Premieres at Montreal World Film Festival. <http://www.cachefilman dtelevision.com/assets/news/homecoming_pres s_release.pdf>
July 2007
Caché Film & Television Launch!
Caché Press Release: Homecoming Premieres at Montreal World Film Festival. <http://www.cachefilman dtelevision.com/assets/news/homecoming_pres s_release.pdf>
July 2007
Caché Film & Television Launch!
Basically, no link. :( Also, I would like the link to just appear as 'download'.
If I need to use xsl to do this, would somebody be so kind and tell me how to write the xsl and what to add to the xml? Please keep in mind that I will need to add more links to different locations as time passes.
Thank you so so much!
Comment