Using XMLCompiled Transform with asp.net server side controls

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Polly Anna
    New Member
    • Aug 2006
    • 2

    #1

    Using XMLCompiled Transform with asp.net server side controls

    Hi,
    I have created an xsl document containing html client side controls and when I used my XSLCompileTrans form class it successfully created an xhtml page.

    I then changed the client side controls to asp.net2 server side controls and changed the xsl document accordingly. However now my XSLCompileTrans form class rejects the style sheet saying -

    "System.Xml.Xsl .XslLoadExcepti on was caught
    LineNumber=56
    LinePosition=20
    Message="XSLT compile error.""

    It does not like the server side control

    I have put my xsl code below and I would be really grateful if someone could help me.

    Many thanks in advance,

    Polly Anna

    Code:
    <form id="frmFoo" runat="server" action ="SelectApplicant.aspx" method ="post" target ="_self" >
    
    ******* line 56 is the one below ********
    
                      <asp:ListBox ID="lstApplications" runat="server" CssClass="TextArea" Style="z-index: 103">
    
                        <xsl:for-each select="NewDataSet/Table/AdviceId">
    
                          <asp:ListItem>
                            <xsl:attribute name="value">
                              <xsl:value-of select="."/>
                            </xsl:attribute>
                            <xsl:value-of select="."/>
                            -  <xsl:value-of select="../AdviceDate"/>
                            -  <xsl:value-of select="../Advisor_Name"/>
                            -  <xsl:value-of select="../Advisor_Add1"/>
                            -  <xsl:value-of select="../AppId"/>
                            -  <xsl:value-of select="../Applicant_Name"/>
    
                          </asp:ListItem>
                        </xsl:for-each>
                      </asp:ListBox>
    
    </form>
Working...