help me please

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • sweettama
    New Member
    • Oct 2008
    • 5

    #1

    help me please

    hi,

    i was wondering if anyone can help me solving a simple problem
    i used comand button to search for data in access using the data control

    Error

    type missmatch

    this is my code
    Code:
    private sub cmd_search_click()
    srch= inputbox(srch) ("enter Telephone number")
    srch "Telephone=" + srch
    msgbox(srch)
    data1.recordset.findfirst srch
    end sub
    Last edited by Dököll; Dec 6 '08, 01:41 AM. Reason: code tag...
  • Dököll
    Recognized Expert Top Contributor
    • Nov 2006
    • 2379

    #2
    You may need to add a reference...

    Comment

    • sweettama
      New Member
      • Oct 2008
      • 5

      #3
      hi,
      what do you mean with reference and where i shall add it?
      thank you

      regards

      Comment

      • lotus18
        Contributor
        • Nov 2007
        • 865

        #4
        Originally posted by Dököll
        You may need to add a reference...
        I think adding a new reference is not necessary here because sweettama uses only a data control in vb6.

        To sweettama, I doubt that your sample code posted here is working.



        Rey Sean

        Comment

        • Dököll
          Recognized Expert Top Contributor
          • Nov 2006
          • 2379

          #5
          Originally posted by lotus18
          I think adding a new reference is not necessary here because sweettama uses only a data control in vb6.

          To sweettama, I doubt that your sample code posted here is working.



          Rey Sean
          Thanks lotus18!

          I get these a lot using access, usually leads to a reference... I reckon you're right though, thanks for coming to aid:-)

          Dököll

          Comment

          • EYE4U
            Banned
            New Member
            • Oct 2008
            • 76

            #6
            I m sorry i didnt read the date :)

            Comment

            Working...