I have developed a form that runs a folder browser dialog and then details all filenames within the chosen folder in a listbox. Currently the filenames populate a 1-D array before they are written out to the listbox.
I need to introduce a combobox that will act as an extension filter. So, when the filenames are written to the listbox, the combobox is populated with the unique file extensions from this list. When the extension is clicked, only those files with that extension are shown in the listbox. <None> may be selected from the combo box to again show the full list of filenames.
Advice would be appreciated on the best way to go about this, I see two possibilities, either to act upon the 1-D array as it stands, or introduce a 2-D array that does the stripping out of the extensions at the same time the filenames are written and then filter using these.
Mank thanks
I need to introduce a combobox that will act as an extension filter. So, when the filenames are written to the listbox, the combobox is populated with the unique file extensions from this list. When the extension is clicked, only those files with that extension are shown in the listbox. <None> may be selected from the combo box to again show the full list of filenames.
Advice would be appreciated on the best way to go about this, I see two possibilities, either to act upon the 1-D array as it stands, or introduce a 2-D array that does the stripping out of the extensions at the same time the filenames are written and then filter using these.
Mank thanks
Comment