Same Controls on different Tabs

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cindy2
    New Member
    • Sep 2007
    • 35

    #1

    Same Controls on different Tabs

    Hi there,

    In my vb2005-project I have a tabcontrol. On the first tab, I have different objects(like buttons, labels and textboxes). On the second tab, I want the same objects. So the names and locations of the objects must be identical with the first tab. How do I do that?

    Cindy
  • eibwenbv
    New Member
    • Sep 2007
    • 7

    #2
    Cindy;

    I am new to VB too. I am using VB 4.0 an older version than you, however found that the control SSTab was easier to use.

    When you want the same controls on multiple pages of a tab, do the easy thing
    put the control on the form so that the user see's it no matter which page of the tab they are viewing.

    If you insist on having multiple controls, (like I did sometimes), i made a new button on the tab, and referenced the code on the tab I wanted to run when the user selected the new button:

    [ Private Sub Command1_Click( )]
    ' do this.... ya, da, ya, da
    [end sub]

    [ Private Sub Command2_Click( )]
    [ Command1_Click]
    [end sub]

    eibwenbv

    Comment

    Working...