how can use search button in visual basic

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • punithaaa
    New Member
    • Sep 2007
    • 1

    #1

    how can use search button in visual basic

    Hi.

    I am developing a project with the help of VB and Access. In that I don't know how to use search button for retrieving data in database. Please reply to my query.
  • kcddoorman
    New Member
    • Nov 2006
    • 76

    #2
    Subscribing, I have a similar problem.

    Comment

    • aiftkhar
      New Member
      • Sep 2007
      • 2

      #3
      hi there
      the best way to search for a specific record in your database is by using SQL statements. for example "Select * from table where primarykey = ‘ “ & textbox.value & ” ’ ”

      Comment

      • kcddoorman
        New Member
        • Nov 2006
        • 76

        #4
        Are you doing this in a form, record, or data access page? If its a d.a.p. then you can do it like this.

        Comment

        • debasisdas
          Recognized Expert Expert
          • Dec 2006
          • 8119

          #5
          Try to implement the search logic using SQL .

          Comment

          Working...