Executing File In Same Directory...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • XSV
    New Member
    • Sep 2007
    • 3

    #1

    Executing File In Same Directory...

    I need my application to run a file that will be in the same folder as it ( i dont wanna just use shell ("C:\Launcher.e xe i want the users to be able to install anywhere). Ive tried so many different methods but i just cant seem to be able to get it working...

    app = Launcher.exe
    file to run= client.exe


    I appreciate it..thx.
  • VBPhilly
    New Member
    • Aug 2007
    • 95

    #2
    Originally posted by XSV
    I need my application to run a file that will be in the same folder as it ( i dont wanna just use shell ("C:\Launcher.e xe i want the users to be able to install anywhere). Ive tried so many different methods but i just cant seem to be able to get it working...

    app = Launcher.exe
    file to run= client.exe


    I appreciate it..thx.
    in vb6:

    app.path 'returns the path of the application.

    example:
    Code:
    shell app.path & "\Launcher.exe"
    in .net, it may be:

    Application.Sta rtupPath

    Comment

    Working...