Balloon Tips

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • devonknows
    New Member
    • Nov 2006
    • 137

    #1

    Balloon Tips

    Hi, what it is I've got balloon tips working after a lot of trial and error lol and it comes up when the application is minimized to the tray notifying the user that it has been minimized. What I want to do is add a little functionality to the balloon tip, for example like Windows Live Mail application, it has on the balloon tip.

    "Click here to stop showing this message" or something or other in the balloon tip, I was wondering is there any way to do that with Visual Basic, I've got the Registry key already in place to capture it if it is clicked but I don't know how to pull if the balloon was clicked or not.

    This is the code I'm using to pull up the balloon tip
    [code=vb]
    If Me.WindowState = 1 Then
    With t
    .uTimeout = 1000
    .dwInfoFlags = vbInformation
    .szInfoTitle = MIN_MSG_TITLE & Chr$(0)
    .szInfo = MIN_MSG_STRNG & Chr$(0)
    End With

    ' ok, write it to the system tray icon
    If QueryValue(REGK EY, "ShowBalloo n") = "1" Then
    Shell_NotifyIco n NIM_MODIFY, t
    End If
    [/code]

    If anyone can offer any advice on the matter would be much appreciated.

    Kind Regards
    Devon
  • devonknows
    New Member
    • Nov 2006
    • 137

    #2
    Jus nudgin this up seein if i can get a response. ;)

    Kind Regards
    Devon

    Comment

    • Ali Rizwan
      Banned
      Contributor
      • Aug 2007
      • 931

      #3
      Originally posted by devonknows
      Jus nudgin this up seein if i can get a response. ;)

      Kind Regards
      Devon
      Hi
      Use this thing instead of using ballons. I dontknow how to show balloons but this will help you a lot.
      Tool Tip

      Comment

      • Robbie
        New Member
        • Mar 2007
        • 180

        #4
        I think you'll find this very useful.
        By the way, there it's done a different way to how you do it.
        I think they just act as if the icon in the systray is a form, therefore you can change its icon and respond to mouse clicks.

        Comment

        Working...