Capturing Keystrokes

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bikash607
    New Member
    • Apr 2007
    • 3

    #1

    Capturing Keystrokes

    Dear reader,

    i am in need of help in:

    1.disabling Max,Min and Alt+Ctrl+Del keys in VB 6.0

    2.Disabling windows shortcut keys for the same in 1 above.

    This is for very urgent and immediate purpose.

    i would thankfully acknowledge if you could lend me codes in VB 6
  • Killer42
    Recognized Expert Expert
    • Oct 2006
    • 8429

    #2
    Originally posted by bikash607
    i am in need of help in:

    1.disabling Max,Min and Alt+Ctrl+Del keys in VB 6.0

    2.Disabling windows shortcut keys for the same in 1 above.

    This is for very urgent and immediate purpose.

    i would thankfully acknowledge if you could lend me codes in VB 6
    I assume by "Max,Min" you are referring to the minimize and Maximize buttons at the top of the window. These are disabled simply by turning off the MinButton and MaxButton properties of the form. I believe this can only be done at design time.

    As for Ctrl-Alt-Del, that's a pretty fundamental Windows interrupt and I doubt that you can disable it. I could be wrong, of course.

    I'd suggest you spend some time with the search box up the top of this form, to see whether this topic has been covered here before.

    Comment

    • RedSon
      Recognized Expert Expert
      • Jan 2007
      • 4980

      #3
      I doubt that you will be able to eat Ctrl + Alt + Del interrupts through VB. It can be done in C/C++ applications when your window is active. I suspect that it could be done in VB but not with out calls to native code.

      Comment

      • Killer42
        Recognized Expert Expert
        • Oct 2006
        • 8429

        #4
        Thanks RedSon.

        Just a note, apparently we're experiencing "technical difficulties" with the search at the moment. This is expected to be corrected "soon".

        (When it is, you should be able to search a specific forum, as well as the whole site.)

        Comment

        • Killer42
          Recognized Expert Expert
          • Oct 2006
          • 8429

          #5
          I have a little further info on the search function at TheScripts.

          Apparently it can be used, but still has some problems. This includes refusing to let you include words shorter than 3 or 4 characters, and sometimes crashing on long strings.

          Feel free to try it out, but keep in mind that it might not work.

          Comment

          Working...