C/C++ wrapped for VB use

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • imogen
    New Member
    • May 2007
    • 2

    #1

    C/C++ wrapped for VB use

    hi.

    Hope you can help me out.

    I'm working with API functions (C/C++) wrapped for VB use.
    I have this function

    (C/C++)
    Code:
    int fpdbGetGroupUsers( LPFPDB_GROUP_IDENTIFY Fgid, unsigned int UserId[], unsigned int *Num )
    (VB)
    Code:
    Sub vbfpdbGetGroupUsers(Fgid As FPDB_GROUP_IDENTIFY, UserId As Long, Num As Long) As Long
    The function is used for aquiring a list of user ids.
    The second parameter stored the list of user ids.
    How can I read the user Ids in VB since it's of datatype long.

    thanks in advance.
  • Killer42
    Recognized Expert Expert
    • Oct 2006
    • 8429

    #2
    I'm confused - doesn't the [ ] in the C definition indicate that it's an array?

    Comment

    • imogen
      New Member
      • May 2007
      • 2

      #3
      yes it's an array.

      Comment

      • Killer42
        Recognized Expert Expert
        • Oct 2006
        • 8429

        #4
        Originally posted by imogen
        yes it's an array.
        So shouldn't the VB code be passing an array? Or is it already? I thought it needed ( ) on it, but I have a feeling I've been mistaken about that before.

        Anyway, this is probably off the track - what was the problem, exactly? The correlation of Long to Unsigned Int? I'm pretty sure I've seen entries here before about this kind of thing. Will try some searching, and let you know. (You can try too, use the search box up the top).

        Comment

        • Killer42
          Recognized Expert Expert
          • Oct 2006
          • 8429

          #5
          Found one of the old threads I remembered.

          Have a look here (the odd highlighting is just due to the fact that it came from search results).

          Comment

          Working...