logins using VB

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Richard Gilmore
    New Member
    • Nov 2006
    • 16

    #1

    logins using VB

    I have created a login form for my database and I want it so that when A user types in the correct user and password it runs a user or user group from the database security system. Is there anyway using VB to do this either that or can I set the user permissions using VB
  • willakawill
    Top Contributor
    • Oct 2006
    • 1646

    #2
    Originally posted by Richard Gilmore
    I have created a login form for my database and I want it so that when A user types in the correct user and password it runs a user or user group from the database security system. Is there anyway using VB to do this either that or can I set the user permissions using VB
    Hi. Yes you can do this by creating a security system in your database. Perhaps a table of 12 levels of security and a password and login table with levels of security assigned. You can then store the security level of the user in a global variable.

    Comment

    • Richard Gilmore
      New Member
      • Nov 2006
      • 16

      #3
      Originally posted by willakawill
      Hi. Yes you can do this by creating a security system in your database. Perhaps a table of 12 levels of security and a password and login table with levels of security assigned. You can then store the security level of the user in a global variable.

      How would I go about linking the security levels to permissions within the database

      Comment

      Working...