ActiveX EXE showing in Task Manager when multi threaded

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nkoranda
    New Member
    • Oct 2006
    • 2

    #1

    ActiveX EXE showing in Task Manager when multi threaded

    I have been running into an issue that I just cant figure out. I have created an ActiveX EXE and in the Project Properties I have the Thread Model set to Thread Pool = 1. If I create an instance of this object I do not see the ActiveX component in the Applications list of the Task Manager. NOW, if I switch the Thread Model to Thread per Object or increase the Thread Pool to greater than 1, I see the ActiveX EXE in the Application list of the Task Manager.

    I do not want to see ActiveX EXE listed in the Application list of the Task Manager and I would like to use a thread per object. Does anyone know why it shows up and how to get rid of it?

    And I do not have an interface that would make it show up and I have the App.TaskVisible = False, as can be seen when I have the Thread Pool set to 1.

    Thanks
    Nick Koranda
  • nkoranda
    New Member
    • Oct 2006
    • 2

    #2
    For some reason a multithreaded ActiveX EXE makes a window that is considered shown (i.e. an interface) and thus is displayed in the Application tab of Task Manager. You can hide it from the Task Manager by hiding ALL windows in the EXE.

    Comment

    Working...