Re: VB6 Question
Dean Earley <dean.earley@ic ode.co.uk>'s wild thoughts were
released on Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:02:14 +0100 bearing the
following fruit:
>>
>Huh? Maybe I missed something, can you explain?
>
>"The SSTab control has a nice feature of allowing you to switch tabs and
>place controls at runtime, but this comes at a price. When you change
>tab, the controls aren't actually hidden, but moved a long way off to
>the left. This has the undesired side affect of keeping them in the tab
>order and accessible (although out of sight)"
Easily resolved with a few frame controls, which is
something you want to do as standard when working with the
SSTAB.
J
Jan Hyde (VB MVP)
--
Wedding Ring: A small tourniquet. It cuts off circulation (Stan Kegel)
Dean Earley <dean.earley@ic ode.co.uk>'s wild thoughts were
released on Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:02:14 +0100 bearing the
following fruit:
>>>>I'm making an administrationa l software program in VB6 and was
>>>>wondering if there is a way to display a (borderless) form
>>>>inside a frame on another form, or to load the contents of a
>>>>frame into another frame. I dont want to use MDI. The reason i
>>>>want do this is because i have 1 main form with menu and all
>>>>and want to display a number of different controls but not all
>>>>at once, i want to create those 'frames' with controls
>>>>somewhere . I thought of using some frames on the main form and
>>>>making them visible or invisible on turns but i dont really
>>>>like this way.
>>>>
>>>How about moving those option off the menu, and onto a tab strip
>>>(SSTAB) it will also making mataining the form a lot easier.
>>>
>>Unfortunately , that also suffers from the issue I mentioned (still
>>be "visible" and accessible)
>>>>wondering if there is a way to display a (borderless) form
>>>>inside a frame on another form, or to load the contents of a
>>>>frame into another frame. I dont want to use MDI. The reason i
>>>>want do this is because i have 1 main form with menu and all
>>>>and want to display a number of different controls but not all
>>>>at once, i want to create those 'frames' with controls
>>>>somewhere . I thought of using some frames on the main form and
>>>>making them visible or invisible on turns but i dont really
>>>>like this way.
>>>>
>>>How about moving those option off the menu, and onto a tab strip
>>>(SSTAB) it will also making mataining the form a lot easier.
>>>
>>Unfortunately , that also suffers from the issue I mentioned (still
>>be "visible" and accessible)
>Huh? Maybe I missed something, can you explain?
>"The SSTab control has a nice feature of allowing you to switch tabs and
>place controls at runtime, but this comes at a price. When you change
>tab, the controls aren't actually hidden, but moved a long way off to
>the left. This has the undesired side affect of keeping them in the tab
>order and accessible (although out of sight)"
something you want to do as standard when working with the
SSTAB.
J
>Taken from:
>http://hashvb.earlsoft.co.uk/Tabbed_dialogs
>http://hashvb.earlsoft.co.uk/Tabbed_dialogs
Jan Hyde (VB MVP)
--
Wedding Ring: A small tourniquet. It cuts off circulation (Stan Kegel)
Comment