SQL in VB 6.0 Not returning data from Paradox Table

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Harvest Wind

    #1

    SQL in VB 6.0 Not returning data from Paradox Table

    Hi:

    I have a program in VB 6.0 that connects to an access database and connects
    to a paradox database (directory)... I query an Access table and it returns
    the data I need...as the program begins. The operator selects a date and
    then presses a command button which starts a query on a Paradox table in
    it's directory (database to which I made the initial connection)...a nd it
    returns data on my machine...and on four other machines in our offices...
    however, there are two machines (same exact program) where the Access Data
    is returned...but the SQL for the Paradox table returns no data... I have
    had the operator of one of the "non functioning" machines sign out and sign
    in my machine...run the program...and it works ... so it's not a
    premissions problem. I can't figure this one out. Does anyone know why
    this might be happening?

    My machine (the development machine) is running Windows 2000 XL
    professional... the others are running 2000...with the latest service
    packs... the program works on some but not all of the "2000" machines ...

    Anyone have any ideas?

    Thanks
    HW


  • Raoul Watson

    #2
    Re: SQL in VB 6.0 Not returning data from Paradox Table


    "Harvest Wind" <HarvestWind@co mcast.net> wrote in message
    news:KIednT3guZ WJVOrZRVn-gw@comcast.com. ..[color=blue]
    > Hi:
    >
    > I have a program in VB 6.0 that connects to an access database and[/color]
    connects[color=blue]
    > to a paradox database (directory)... I query an Access table and it[/color]
    returns[color=blue]
    > the data I need...as the program begins. The operator selects a date and
    > then presses a command button which starts a query on a Paradox table in
    > it's directory (database to which I made the initial connection)...a nd it
    > returns data on my machine...and on four other machines in our offices...
    > however, there are two machines (same exact program) where the Access Data
    > is returned...but the SQL for the Paradox table returns no data... I have
    > had the operator of one of the "non functioning" machines sign out and[/color]
    sign[color=blue]
    > in my machine...run the program...and it works ... so it's not a
    > premissions problem. I can't figure this one out. Does anyone know why
    > this might be happening?
    >
    > My machine (the development machine) is running Windows 2000 XL
    > professional... the others are running 2000...with the latest service
    > packs... the program works on some but not all of the "2000" machines ...
    >
    > Anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks
    > HW
    >[/color]

    Compare those machines components (ODBC, MDAC etc..)

    Sometimes a machine may have a corrupt odbcjt32.dll (MS Paradox driver).

    Best thing to do is run MSINFO32.EXE and compare the drivers..


    Comment

    Working...