vb6 under xp

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Gerhard Lowe

    #1

    vb6 under xp

    Hi veryone,
    after a long spell of no programming I tried to install vb 6 under xp pro.
    It didn't work. Are there any work arounds?
    Thanks
    Gerhard


  • Randy Birch

    #2
    Re: vb6 under xp

    I've installed VB6 a number of times on different XP machines, with no
    problem. But make sure you have administrator rights.

    --

    Randy Birch
    MS MVP Visual Basic

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Read. Decide. Sign the petition to Microsoft.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------



    "Gerhard Lowe" <skyone@bigpond .com> wrote in message
    news:VQY5e.5632 $5F3.2851@news-server.bigpond. net.au...
    : Hi veryone,
    : after a long spell of no programming I tried to install vb 6 under xp pro.
    : It didn't work. Are there any work arounds?
    : Thanks
    : Gerhard
    :
    :

    Comment

    • John Blessing

      #3
      Re: vb6 under xp

      "Gerhard Lowe" <skyone@bigpond .com> wrote in message
      news:VQY5e.5632 $5F3.2851@news-server.bigpond. net.au...[color=blue]
      > Hi veryone,
      > after a long spell of no programming I tried to install vb 6 under xp pro.
      > It didn't work. Are there any work arounds?
      > Thanks
      > Gerhard[/color]

      You're a programmer but the best diagnostic information you could come up
      with was "it didn't work" ?

      What would be your next question if your users said to you "I tried your
      program but it doesn't work".

      --
      John Blessing

      http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software priced to suit all
      businesses
      http://www.room-booking-software.com - Schedule rooms & equipment bookings
      for your meeting/class over the web.
      http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook


      Comment

      • Me

        #4
        Re: vb6 under xp

        Same here. I've got VB6 w/SP5 on this XP box.

        Randy Birch wrote:[color=blue]
        > I've installed VB6 a number of times on different XP machines, with no
        > problem. But make sure you have administrator rights.
        >[/color]

        Comment

        • Raoul Watson

          #5
          Re: vb6 under xp


          "Gerhard Lowe" <skyone@bigpond .com> wrote in message
          news:VQY5e.5632 $5F3.2851@news-server.bigpond. net.au...
          [color=blue]
          > It didn't work. Are there any work arounds?[/color]

          Can you be more specific? What work around are you looking for? No license
          key, no cd, no drive space ?


          Comment

          Working...