Show New Files in Windows Explorer

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • J Bunton

    #1

    Show New Files in Windows Explorer

    I have written a programme in VB (a 5 year old version)

    One of the things it does is to create new directories and files within them

    Problem:-
    The new directories and files are not displayed in Windows explorer unless
    it is closed down and reopened.
    I have tries the Refresh option in explorer.

    Any offers please
    --
    Jim Bunton
    jBunton@Blueyon der.co.uk
    13 Westbourne Road
    Trowbridge
    Wilts. BA14 0AJ
    Tel: 01225 765 541
    Mobile: 07919 283 968



  • J French

    #2
    Re: Show New Files in Windows Explorer

    On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 18:42:31 -0000, "J Bunton"
    <jBunton@BlueYo nder.co.uk> wrote:
    [color=blue]
    >I have written a programme in VB (a 5 year old version)
    >
    >One of the things it does is to create new directories and files within them
    >
    >Problem:-
    >The new directories and files are not displayed in Windows explorer unless
    >it is closed down and reopened.
    >I have tries the Refresh option in explorer.
    >[/color]
    Is this new behaviour ?

    BroadcastSystem Message looks like a place to start looking

    Or perhaps SendMessage( HWND_BROADCAST ....
    or PostMessage

    maybe with WM_SETTINGCHANG E

    Comment

    Working...