product version

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • =?Utf-8?B?R3V5IENvaGVu?=

    #1

    product version

    Hi all

    I use: me.caption =Application.Pr oductVersion() (vb 2005)
    to present the version of the product.
    It always show 1.0.0.0
    I googled some and found that I have to edit assemblyinfo.vb
    1. When I add it to the project - I have compilation errors.
    2. When I did that - it did not help...
    3. Do I really have to edit it and not use the gui to change the revision ?

    TIA
    Guy Cohen
  • kimiraikkonen

    #2
    Re: product version

    On Jan 7, 10:07 am, Guy Cohen <GuyCo...@discu ssions.microsof t.com>
    wrote:
    Hi all
    >
    I use: me.caption =Application.Pr oductVersion() (vb 2005)
    to present the version of the product.
    It always show 1.0.0.0
    I googled some and found that I have to edit assemblyinfo.vb
    1. When I add it to the project - I have compilation errors.
    2. When I did that - it did not help...
    3. Do I really have to edit it and not use the gui to change the revision ?
    >
    TIA
    Guy Cohen
    I think accessing version info under your app brings you straight
    ahead to the version info which is located in assembly info:

    Right click your app -properties ->application -assembly info ->
    info.

    You can access via:

    My.Application. Info.Version.To String


    Hope this helps.

    Comment

    • =?Utf-8?B?R3V5IENvaGVu?=

      #3
      Re: product version

      Exactly it...

      Now other will be able to google your solution :)
      Right click your app -properties ->application -assembly info -info.

      Thanks a lot
      Guy Cohen

      "kimiraikko nen" wrote:
      On Jan 7, 10:07 am, Guy Cohen <GuyCo...@discu ssions.microsof t.com>
      wrote:
      Hi all

      I use: me.caption =Application.Pr oductVersion() (vb 2005)
      to present the version of the product.
      It always show 1.0.0.0
      I googled some and found that I have to edit assemblyinfo.vb
      1. When I add it to the project - I have compilation errors.
      2. When I did that - it did not help...
      3. Do I really have to edit it and not use the gui to change the revision ?

      TIA
      Guy Cohen
      >
      I think accessing version info under your app brings you straight
      ahead to the version info which is located in assembly info:
      >
      Right click your app -properties ->application -assembly info ->
      info.
      >
      You can access via:
      >
      My.Application. Info.Version.To String
      >
      >
      Hope this helps.
      >

      Comment

      Working...