Good Books wanted.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • General Fear

    #1

    Good Books wanted.



    I have several years experience using VB6. No experience on creating
    web pages. Thou I have taken HTML classes.

    My company has an application written in VB 6, Oracle and Crystal
    Reports. The firm wants me to move it from VB6 to .Net and move the
    application to the Internet.

    So my question to you is, what books and/or web pages can you
    recommend that will show me .Net, database programming and web page
    creation.

    Thanks all.
  • Dean Slindee

    #2
    Re: Good Books wanted.

    I would recommend Beginning ASP.NET 2.0 in VB2005 by Matthew MacDonald.
    Also Pro.Net 2.0 Windows Forms and Custom Controls in VB2005 by Matthew
    MacDonald. My favorite author because of the clarity and organization of
    his texts.
    "General Fear" <richmarin@eart hlink.netwrote in message
    news:9f202721-e91f-41f4-817b-2d8b28b476f2@i1 2g2000prf.googl egroups.com...
    >
    >
    I have several years experience using VB6. No experience on creating
    web pages. Thou I have taken HTML classes.
    >
    My company has an application written in VB 6, Oracle and Crystal
    Reports. The firm wants me to move it from VB6 to .Net and move the
    application to the Internet.
    >
    So my question to you is, what books and/or web pages can you
    recommend that will show me .Net, database programming and web page
    creation.
    >
    Thanks all.

    Comment

    Working...