Text on TabControl tabs not displaying correctly

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • tshad

    #1

    Text on TabControl tabs not displaying correctly

    I found that on my laptop running my programs that have the forecolor set to
    ControlText will not display correctly. I have the font set to Verdana 9pt
    and bold (although it doesn't seem to matter which font I use). But the
    letters are all messed up. Some of the parts of the letters will look bold
    others will not and have a wierd shadow to them. On my desktop they look
    fine.

    If I change the forecolor to ActiveCaptionTe xt - it looks fine. Except for
    the TabControl Tabs. I have to set the Forecolor in the TabPages collection
    area but that doesn't seem to have any effect on it.

    How do I get the tab text to display correct???

    Thanks,

    Tom


  • tshad

    #2
    Re: Text on TabControl tabs not displaying correctly

    Turns out the problem is that I was using Toshibas Screen Display Theme.
    When I used the WindowsXP theme, the letters looked fine when using
    ControlText. And when using ActiveCaptionTe xt, the letters were white.

    How can I make it so that my letters will look right under any theme?

    Still not sure why the TabPages didn't work at all.

    Tom
    "tshad" <tfs@dslextreme .comwrote in message
    news:OjgxcxoIIH A.4712@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...
    >I found that on my laptop running my programs that have the forecolor set
    >to ControlText will not display correctly. I have the font set to Verdana
    >9pt and bold (although it doesn't seem to matter which font I use). But
    >the letters are all messed up. Some of the parts of the letters will look
    >bold others will not and have a wierd shadow to them. On my desktop they
    >look fine.
    >
    If I change the forecolor to ActiveCaptionTe xt - it looks fine. Except
    for the TabControl Tabs. I have to set the Forecolor in the TabPages
    collection area but that doesn't seem to have any effect on it.
    >
    How do I get the tab text to display correct???
    >
    Thanks,
    >
    Tom
    >

    Comment

    • rowe_newsgroups

      #3
      Re: Text on TabControl tabs not displaying correctly

      How can I make it so that my letters will look right under any theme?

      Probably only by using Images as everything. This would be a
      maintenance nightmare, disable localization, add size to projects, and
      very inadvisable. IMO, people who run non-XP or Vista themes (such as
      Window Blinds) should expect to have some difficulties. And those
      difficulties are their responsibilitie s. It's like the old saying that
      20% of the work is spent satisfying 80% of your users. Not that the
      other 20% of the user aren't important, but they aren't worth spending
      large amounts of time/money making massive changes that hurt the
      entire system. IMO, you should try to solve the problems for most of
      the 20%, and just forget about the others.

      Thanks,

      Seth Rowe



      Comment

      Working...