MS Access procedure from VB.net

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • =?Utf-8?B?TS4gV2lsc29u?=

    #1

    MS Access procedure from VB.net

    Hello,

    Can I run a procedure that resides in an Access database in VB.net? If yes,
    I would be ever so greatful if code was provided.

    Thanks,
    M. Wilson

  • Cor Ligthert[MVP]

    #2
    Re: MS Access procedure from VB.net

    M. Wilson,

    It depends about what you are talking. MS Access has been a seperated
    solution and is now a part of Office which is using databases. (Jet and SQL
    server). The Stored procedures in those databases you can easily access
    using the command.Execute nonquery, the datareader or the executescalar.

    You can create iterop to the office application and do then in fact
    everything. Beside that you can start access with application.run including
    the needed parameters.

    Cor

    Comment

    • Paul Clement

      #3
      Re: MS Access procedure from VB.net

      On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 19:57:00 -0700, M. Wilson <MWilson@discus sions.microsoft .comwrote:

      ¤ Hello,
      ¤
      ¤ Can I run a procedure that resides in an Access database in VB.net? If yes,
      ¤ I would be ever so greatful if code was provided.

      How to run Office macros by using Automation from Visual Basic .NET



      Paul
      ~~~~
      Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

      Comment

      • =?Utf-8?B?TS4gV2lsc29u?=

        #4
        Re: MS Access procedure from VB.net

        Hi Cor,

        I am referring to procedures in modules that I created. Can I call one from
        Vb.net?

        Thanks,
        M. Wilson

        "Cor Ligthert[MVP]" wrote:
        M. Wilson,
        >
        It depends about what you are talking. MS Access has been a seperated
        solution and is now a part of Office which is using databases. (Jet and SQL
        server). The Stored procedures in those databases you can easily access
        using the command.Execute nonquery, the datareader or the executescalar.
        >
        You can create iterop to the office application and do then in fact
        everything. Beside that you can start access with application.run including
        the needed parameters.
        >
        Cor
        >
        >

        Comment

        • Cor Ligthert[MVP]

          #5
          Re: MS Access procedure from VB.net

          Great link Paul,

          Cor

          Comment

          Working...