Capturing input from a textbox

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dteribery@dunhamshq.com

    #1

    Capturing input from a textbox

    Hello,

    I am trying to make a program that when someone uses a scanner to scan
    a barcode that the number will automaticly be entered into a .txt
    file. I tired to use the most of the events and none have seemed to
    work .Does anyone have any ideas. I and using VB.net 2005. Thank you

  • Steve

    #2
    Re: Capturing input from a textbox

    My barcode scanners (Intermec) add a CRLF to the end of the text
    automatically, and yours probably does to. If you look for that
    character on the KeyDown event, you should be able to pick up the text
    and use the System.IO namespace classes to write the file.


    Steve C.
    MCAD,MCSE,MCP+I ,CNE,CNA,CCNA


    dteribery@dunha mshq.com wrote:
    Hello,
    >
    I am trying to make a program that when someone uses a scanner to scan
    a barcode that the number will automaticly be entered into a .txt
    file. I tired to use the most of the events and none have seemed to
    work .Does anyone have any ideas. I and using VB.net 2005. Thank you
    >

    Comment

    • dteribery@dunhamshq.com

      #3
      Re: Capturing input from a textbox

      On Aug 24, 10:43 am, Steve <lnuxguy_NOMAIL _PLEA...@gmail. comwrote:
      My barcode scanners (Intermec) add a CRLF to the end of the text
      automatically, and yours probably does to. If you look for that
      character on the KeyDown event, you should be able to pick up the text
      and use the System.IO namespace classes to write the file.
      >
      Steve C.
      MCAD,MCSE,MCP+I ,CNE,CNA,CCNA
      >
      >
      >
      dterib...@dunha mshq.com wrote:
      Hello,
      >
      I am trying to make a program that when someone uses a scanner to scan
      a barcode that the number will automaticly be entered into a .txt
      file. I tired to use the most of the events and none have seemed to
      work .Does anyone have any ideas. I and using VB.net 2005. Thank you- Hide quoted text -
      >
      - Show quoted text -
      Steve,

      Thank you for that idea. I will have to try that out and see what
      happens.

      Comment

      • Miro

        #4
        Re: Capturing input from a textbox

        dteribery@dunha mshq.com wrote:
        On Aug 24, 10:43 am, Steve <lnuxguy_NOMAIL _PLEA...@gmail. comwrote:
        >My barcode scanners (Intermec) add a CRLF to the end of the text
        >automaticall y, and yours probably does to. If you look for that
        >character on the KeyDown event, you should be able to pick up the text
        >and use the System.IO namespace classes to write the file.
        >>
        >Steve C.
        >MCAD,MCSE,MCP+ I,CNE,CNA,CCNA
        >>
        >>
        >>
        >dterib...@dunh amshq.com wrote:
        >>Hello,
        >>I am trying to make a program that when someone uses a scanner to scan
        >>a barcode that the number will automaticly be entered into a .txt
        >>file. I tired to use the most of the events and none have seemed to
        >>work .Does anyone have any ideas. I and using VB.net 2005. Thank you- Hide quoted text -
        >- Show quoted text -
        >
        Steve,
        >
        Thank you for that idea. I will have to try that out and see what
        happens.
        >
        Also,
        Take a look at the com port "serialport " object as well.
        Some new scanners are USB and they have a driver that actually assigns a
        com port to the USB port of a scanner.
        So what I do is I have teh SerialPort listening to a comport and flush
        that to the "topmost" application or to whatever textbox I need to.

        Miro

        Comment

        • dteribery@dunhamshq.com

          #5
          Re: Capturing input from a textbox

          On Aug 24, 11:29 am, Miro <miron...@golde n.netwrote:
          dterib...@dunha mshq.com wrote:
          On Aug 24, 10:43 am, Steve <lnuxguy_NOMAIL _PLEA...@gmail. comwrote:
          My barcode scanners (Intermec) add a CRLF to the end of the text
          automatically, and yours probably does to. If you look for that
          character on the KeyDown event, you should be able to pick up the text
          and use the System.IO namespace classes to write the file.
          >
          Steve C.
          MCAD,MCSE,MCP+I ,CNE,CNA,CCNA
          >
          dterib...@dunha mshq.com wrote:
          >Hello,
          >I am trying to make a program that when someone uses a scanner to scan
          >a barcode that the number will automaticly be entered into a .txt
          >file. I tired to use the most of the events and none have seemed to
          >work .Does anyone have any ideas. I and using VB.net 2005. Thank you- Hide quoted text -
          - Show quoted text -
          >
          Steve,
          >
          Thank you for that idea. I will have to try that out and see what
          happens.
          >
          Also,
          Take a look at the com port "serialport " object as well.
          Some new scanners are USB and they have a driver that actually assigns a
          com port to the USB port of a scanner.
          So what I do is I have teh SerialPort listening to a comport and flush
          that to the "topmost" application or to whatever textbox I need to.
          >
          Miro- Hide quoted text -
          >
          - Show quoted text -
          Miro,

          I will also look into this one. I will have to see what will work be
          for this application. Thank you again.

          Comment

          • dteribery@dunhamshq.com

            #6
            Re: Capturing input from a textbox

            On Aug 24, 10:43 am, Steve <lnuxguy_NOMAIL _PLEA...@gmail. comwrote:
            My barcode scanners (Intermec) add a CRLF to the end of the text
            automatically, and yours probably does to. If you look for that
            character on the KeyDown event, you should be able to pick up the text
            and use the System.IO namespace classes to write the file.
            >
            Steve C.
            MCAD,MCSE,MCP+I ,CNE,CNA,CCNA
            >
            >
            >
            dterib...@dunha mshq.com wrote:
            Hello,
            >
            I am trying to make a program that when someone uses a scanner to scan
            a barcode that the number will automaticly be entered into a .txt
            file. I tired to use the most of the events and none have seemed to
            work .Does anyone have any ideas. I and using VB.net 2005. Thank you- Hide quoted text -
            >
            - Show quoted text -
            Steve,

            I did code this as follows. However I am having the problem of it only
            getting the last digit of the serial number. Can you give me a little
            more help.


            Dim oFile As System.IO.File
            Dim oWrite As System.IO.Strea mWriter

            oWrite = oFile.CreateTex t("C:\sample2.t xt")
            oWrite.WriteLin e(TextBox1.Text )
            oWrite.Close()
            TextBox1.Text = ""


            End Sub


            Comment

            • Steve

              #7
              Re: Capturing input from a textbox

              You're missing the .Flush() call before you close the StreamWriter. It
              should be something like this:

              oWrite.WriteLin e(TextBox1.Text )
              oWrite.Flush()
              oWrite.Close()

              See if that helps.


              Steve C.
              MCSD,MCAD,MCSE, MCP+I,CNE,CNA,C CNA


              dteribery@dunha mshq.com wrote:
              On Aug 24, 10:43 am, Steve <lnuxguy_NOMAIL _PLEA...@gmail. comwrote:
              >My barcode scanners (Intermec) add a CRLF to the end of the text
              >automaticall y, and yours probably does to. If you look for that
              >character on the KeyDown event, you should be able to pick up the text
              >and use the System.IO namespace classes to write the file.
              >>
              >Steve C.
              >MCAD,MCSE,MCP+ I,CNE,CNA,CCNA
              >>
              >>
              >>
              >dterib...@dunh amshq.com wrote:
              >>Hello,
              >>I am trying to make a program that when someone uses a scanner to scan
              >>a barcode that the number will automaticly be entered into a .txt
              >>file. I tired to use the most of the events and none have seemed to
              >>work .Does anyone have any ideas. I and using VB.net 2005. Thank you- Hide quoted text -
              >- Show quoted text -
              >
              Steve,
              >
              I did code this as follows. However I am having the problem of it only
              getting the last digit of the serial number. Can you give me a little
              more help.
              >
              >
              Dim oFile As System.IO.File
              Dim oWrite As System.IO.Strea mWriter
              >
              oWrite = oFile.CreateTex t("C:\sample2.t xt")
              oWrite.WriteLin e(TextBox1.Text )
              oWrite.Close()
              TextBox1.Text = ""
              >
              >
              End Sub
              >
              >

              Comment

              • dteribery@dunhamshq.com

                #8
                Re: Capturing input from a textbox

                On Aug 27, 10:01 am, Steve <lnuxguy_NOMAIL _PLEA...@gmail. comwrote:
                You're missing the .Flush() call before you close the StreamWriter. It
                should be something like this:
                >
                oWrite.WriteLin e(TextBox1.Text )
                oWrite.Flush()
                oWrite.Close()
                >
                See if that helps.
                >
                Steve C.
                MCSD,MCAD,MCSE, MCP+I,CNE,CNA,C CNA
                >
                >
                >
                dterib...@dunha mshq.com wrote:
                On Aug 24, 10:43 am, Steve <lnuxguy_NOMAIL _PLEA...@gmail. comwrote:
                My barcode scanners (Intermec) add a CRLF to the end of the text
                automatically, and yours probably does to. If you look for that
                character on the KeyDown event, you should be able to pick up the text
                and use the System.IO namespace classes to write the file.
                >
                Steve C.
                MCAD,MCSE,MCP+I ,CNE,CNA,CCNA
                >
                dterib...@dunha mshq.com wrote:
                >Hello,
                >I am trying to make a program that when someone uses a scanner to scan
                >a barcode that the number will automaticly be entered into a .txt
                >file. I tired to use the most of the events and none have seemed to
                >work .Does anyone have any ideas. I and using VB.net 2005. Thank you- Hide quoted text -
                - Show quoted text -
                >
                Steve,
                >
                I did code this as follows. However I am having the problem of it only
                getting the last digit of the serial number. Can you give me a little
                more help.
                >
                Dim oFile As System.IO.File
                Dim oWrite As System.IO.Strea mWriter
                >
                oWrite = oFile.CreateTex t("C:\sample2.t xt")
                oWrite.WriteLin e(TextBox1.Text )
                oWrite.Close()
                TextBox1.Text = ""
                >
                End Sub- Hide quoted text -
                >
                - Show quoted text -
                It did not help. It has something to do with how I am clearing the
                text box at the end. If I comment out textbox1.text out this part of
                the code I can get the whole sku to show up in my file. If i had to
                delete the old sku from the textbox everytime this would defeat the
                purpose.


                Comment

                • Steve

                  #9
                  Re: Capturing input from a textbox

                  So if you don't clear the textbox, it works fine. Then you say that you
                  don't want to clear the textbox. So what's the problem? (I think I'm
                  missing something...)

                  Also, you can simplify the code more by passing the filename string
                  directly to the constructor of StreamWriter. Then you don't need oFile
                  at all.


                  Steve C.
                  MCSD,MCAD,MCSE, MCP+I,CNE,CNA,C CNA


                  dteribery@dunha mshq.com wrote:
                  On Aug 27, 10:01 am, Steve <lnuxguy_NOMAIL _PLEA...@gmail. comwrote:
                  >You're missing the .Flush() call before you close the StreamWriter. It
                  >should be something like this:
                  >>
                  >oWrite.WriteLi ne(TextBox1.Tex t)
                  >oWrite.Flush ()
                  >oWrite.Close ()
                  >>
                  >See if that helps.
                  >>
                  >Steve C.
                  >MCSD,MCAD,MCSE ,MCP+I,CNE,CNA, CCNA
                  >>
                  >>
                  >>
                  >dterib...@dunh amshq.com wrote:
                  >>On Aug 24, 10:43 am, Steve <lnuxguy_NOMAIL _PLEA...@gmail. comwrote:
                  >>>My barcode scanners (Intermec) add a CRLF to the end of the text
                  >>>automaticall y, and yours probably does to. If you look for that
                  >>>character on the KeyDown event, you should be able to pick up the text
                  >>>and use the System.IO namespace classes to write the file.
                  >>>Steve C.
                  >>>MCAD,MCSE,MC P+I,CNE,CNA,CCN A
                  >>>dterib...@du nhamshq.com wrote:
                  >>>>Hello,
                  >>>>I am trying to make a program that when someone uses a scanner to scan
                  >>>>a barcode that the number will automaticly be entered into a .txt
                  >>>>file. I tired to use the most of the events and none have seemed to
                  >>>>work .Does anyone have any ideas. I and using VB.net 2005. Thank you- Hide quoted text -
                  >>>- Show quoted text -
                  >>Steve,
                  >>I did code this as follows. However I am having the problem of it only
                  >>getting the last digit of the serial number. Can you give me a little
                  >>more help.
                  >> Dim oFile As System.IO.File
                  >> Dim oWrite As System.IO.Strea mWriter
                  >> oWrite = oFile.CreateTex t("C:\sample2.t xt")
                  >> oWrite.WriteLin e(TextBox1.Text )
                  >> oWrite.Close()
                  >> TextBox1.Text = ""
                  >> End Sub- Hide quoted text -
                  >- Show quoted text -
                  >
                  It did not help. It has something to do with how I am clearing the
                  text box at the end. If I comment out textbox1.text out this part of
                  the code I can get the whole sku to show up in my file. If i had to
                  delete the old sku from the textbox everytime this would defeat the
                  purpose.
                  >
                  >

                  Comment

                  • dteribery@dunhamshq.com

                    #10
                    Re: Capturing input from a textbox

                    Steve,

                    No I do want to clear the text box. I want them to be able to scan all
                    the items without having to touch a mouse or keyboard. I found
                    different code and it will let me clear it but it lines up funny. I
                    have posted the Code and the output below.
                    Dim fw As StreamWriter

                    Dim ReadString As String

                    Try
                    'Pass the file path and name to the StreamWriter
                    constructor.
                    'Indicate that Append is True, so file will not be
                    overwritten.
                    fw = New StreamWriter("C :\sample2.txt", True)
                    ReadString = TextBox2.Text
                    fw.WriteLine(Re adString)
                    Finally
                    'Close the file.
                    fw.Close()

                    End Try
                    TextBox2.Text = ""

                    I get this for output in the sample.txt file.
                    1
                    2
                    3
                    4
                    5
                    6

                    I want it to be:
                    123456

                    Thank you again for all your help.



                    On Aug 27, 11:35 am, Steve <lnuxguy_NOMAIL _PLEA...@gmail. comwrote:
                    So if you don't clear the textbox, it works fine. Then you say that you
                    don't want to clear the textbox. So what's the problem? (I think I'm
                    missing something...)
                    >
                    Also, you can simplify the code more by passing the filename string
                    directly to the constructor of StreamWriter. Then you don't need oFile
                    at all.
                    >
                    Steve C.
                    MCSD,MCAD,MCSE, MCP+I,CNE,CNA,C CNA
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    dterib...@dunha mshq.com wrote:
                    On Aug 27, 10:01 am, Steve <lnuxguy_NOMAIL _PLEA...@gmail. comwrote:
                    You're missing the .Flush() call before you close the StreamWriter. It
                    should be something like this:
                    >
                    oWrite.WriteLin e(TextBox1.Text )
                    oWrite.Flush()
                    oWrite.Close()
                    >
                    See if that helps.
                    >
                    Steve C.
                    MCSD,MCAD,MCSE, MCP+I,CNE,CNA,C CNA
                    >
                    dterib...@dunha mshq.com wrote:
                    >On Aug 24, 10:43 am, Steve <lnuxguy_NOMAIL _PLEA...@gmail. comwrote:
                    >>My barcode scanners (Intermec) add a CRLF to the end of the text
                    >>automatically , and yours probably does to. If you look for that
                    >>character on the KeyDown event, you should be able to pick up the text
                    >>and use the System.IO namespace classes to write the file.
                    >>Steve C.
                    >>MCAD,MCSE,MCP +I,CNE,CNA,CCNA
                    >>dterib...@dun hamshq.com wrote:
                    >>>Hello,
                    >>>I am trying to make a program that when someone uses a scanner to scan
                    >>>a barcode that the number will automaticly be entered into a .txt
                    >>>file. I tired to use the most of the events and none have seemed to
                    >>>work .Does anyone have any ideas. I and using VB.net 2005. Thank you- Hide quoted text -
                    >>- Show quoted text -
                    >Steve,
                    >I did code this as follows. However I am having the problem of it only
                    >getting the last digit of the serial number. Can you give me a little
                    >more help.
                    > Dim oFile As System.IO.File
                    > Dim oWrite As System.IO.Strea mWriter
                    > oWrite = oFile.CreateTex t("C:\sample2.t xt")
                    > oWrite.WriteLin e(TextBox1.Text )
                    > oWrite.Close()
                    > TextBox1.Text = ""
                    > End Sub- Hide quoted text -
                    - Show quoted text -
                    >
                    It did not help. It has something to do with how I am clearing the
                    text box at the end. If I comment out textbox1.text out this part of
                    the code I can get the whole sku to show up in my file. If i had to
                    delete the old sku from the textbox everytime this would defeat the
                    purpose.- Hide quoted text -
                    >
                    - Show quoted text -

                    Comment

                    • Patrice

                      #11
                      Re: Capturing input from a textbox

                      WriteLine write the data and a carriage return to end the line. Use the
                      Write method instead.

                      --
                      Patrice

                      <dteribery@dunh amshq.coma écrit dans le message de news:
                      1188230362.1715 99.190040@50g20 00...legro ups.com...
                      Steve,
                      >
                      No I do want to clear the text box. I want them to be able to scan all
                      the items without having to touch a mouse or keyboard. I found
                      different code and it will let me clear it but it lines up funny. I
                      have posted the Code and the output below.
                      Dim fw As StreamWriter
                      >
                      Dim ReadString As String
                      >
                      Try
                      'Pass the file path and name to the StreamWriter
                      constructor.
                      'Indicate that Append is True, so file will not be
                      overwritten.
                      fw = New StreamWriter("C :\sample2.txt", True)
                      ReadString = TextBox2.Text
                      fw.WriteLine(Re adString)
                      Finally
                      'Close the file.
                      fw.Close()
                      >
                      End Try
                      TextBox2.Text = ""
                      >
                      I get this for output in the sample.txt file.
                      1
                      2
                      3
                      4
                      5
                      6
                      >
                      I want it to be:
                      123456
                      >
                      Thank you again for all your help.
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      On Aug 27, 11:35 am, Steve <lnuxguy_NOMAIL _PLEA...@gmail. comwrote:
                      >So if you don't clear the textbox, it works fine. Then you say that you
                      >don't want to clear the textbox. So what's the problem? (I think I'm
                      >missing something...)
                      >>
                      >Also, you can simplify the code more by passing the filename string
                      >directly to the constructor of StreamWriter. Then you don't need oFile
                      >at all.
                      >>
                      >Steve C.
                      >MCSD,MCAD,MCSE ,MCP+I,CNE,CNA, CCNA
                      >>
                      >>
                      >>
                      >dterib...@dunh amshq.com wrote:
                      On Aug 27, 10:01 am, Steve <lnuxguy_NOMAIL _PLEA...@gmail. comwrote:
                      >You're missing the .Flush() call before you close the StreamWriter. It
                      >should be something like this:
                      >>
                      >oWrite.WriteLi ne(TextBox1.Tex t)
                      >oWrite.Flush ()
                      >oWrite.Close ()
                      >>
                      >See if that helps.
                      >>
                      >Steve C.
                      >MCSD,MCAD,MCSE ,MCP+I,CNE,CNA, CCNA
                      >>
                      >dterib...@dunh amshq.com wrote:
                      >>On Aug 24, 10:43 am, Steve <lnuxguy_NOMAIL _PLEA...@gmail. comwrote:
                      >>>My barcode scanners (Intermec) add a CRLF to the end of the text
                      >>>automaticall y, and yours probably does to. If you look for that
                      >>>character on the KeyDown event, you should be able to pick up the
                      >>>text
                      >>>and use the System.IO namespace classes to write the file.
                      >>>Steve C.
                      >>>MCAD,MCSE,MC P+I,CNE,CNA,CCN A
                      >>>dterib...@du nhamshq.com wrote:
                      >>>>Hello,
                      >>>>I am trying to make a program that when someone uses a scanner to
                      >>>>scan
                      >>>>a barcode that the number will automaticly be entered into a .txt
                      >>>>file. I tired to use the most of the events and none have seemed to
                      >>>>work .Does anyone have any ideas. I and using VB.net 2005. Thank
                      >>>>you- Hide quoted text -
                      >>>- Show quoted text -
                      >>Steve,
                      >>I did code this as follows. However I am having the problem of it
                      >>only
                      >>getting the last digit of the serial number. Can you give me a little
                      >>more help.
                      >> Dim oFile As System.IO.File
                      >> Dim oWrite As System.IO.Strea mWriter
                      >> oWrite = oFile.CreateTex t("C:\sample2.t xt")
                      >> oWrite.WriteLin e(TextBox1.Text )
                      >> oWrite.Close()
                      >> TextBox1.Text = ""
                      >> End Sub- Hide quoted text -
                      >- Show quoted text -
                      >>
                      It did not help. It has something to do with how I am clearing the
                      text box at the end. If I comment out textbox1.text out this part of
                      the code I can get the whole sku to show up in my file. If i had to
                      delete the old sku from the textbox everytime this would defeat the
                      purpose.- Hide quoted text -
                      >>
                      >- Show quoted text -
                      >
                      >

                      Comment

                      • Steve

                        #12
                        Re: Capturing input from a textbox

                        In your example, if 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 are individual SKUs, then you
                        need to use fw.Write() instead of fw.WriteLine().

                        If they're actually one SKU spread out over 6 lines, then you may have
                        an extended ASCII character (like a CRLF) being inserted between each
                        "normal" character. You may need to do some cleanup of the string before
                        you store it, to remove any unwanted characters.


                        Steve C.
                        MCSD,MCAD,MCSE, MCP+I,CNE,CNA,C CNA


                        dteribery@dunha mshq.com wrote:
                        Steve,
                        >
                        No I do want to clear the text box. I want them to be able to scan all
                        the items without having to touch a mouse or keyboard. I found
                        different code and it will let me clear it but it lines up funny. I
                        have posted the Code and the output below.
                        Dim fw As StreamWriter
                        >
                        Dim ReadString As String
                        >
                        Try
                        'Pass the file path and name to the StreamWriter
                        constructor.
                        'Indicate that Append is True, so file will not be
                        overwritten.
                        fw = New StreamWriter("C :\sample2.txt", True)
                        ReadString = TextBox2.Text
                        fw.WriteLine(Re adString)
                        Finally
                        'Close the file.
                        fw.Close()
                        >
                        End Try
                        TextBox2.Text = ""
                        >
                        I get this for output in the sample.txt file.
                        1
                        2
                        3
                        4
                        5
                        6
                        >
                        I want it to be:
                        123456
                        >
                        Thank you again for all your help.
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        On Aug 27, 11:35 am, Steve <lnuxguy_NOMAIL _PLEA...@gmail. comwrote:
                        >So if you don't clear the textbox, it works fine. Then you say that you
                        >don't want to clear the textbox. So what's the problem? (I think I'm
                        >missing something...)
                        >>
                        >Also, you can simplify the code more by passing the filename string
                        >directly to the constructor of StreamWriter. Then you don't need oFile
                        >at all.
                        >>
                        >Steve C.
                        >MCSD,MCAD,MCSE ,MCP+I,CNE,CNA, CCNA
                        >>
                        >>
                        >>
                        >dterib...@dunh amshq.com wrote:
                        >>On Aug 27, 10:01 am, Steve <lnuxguy_NOMAIL _PLEA...@gmail. comwrote:
                        >>>You're missing the .Flush() call before you close the StreamWriter. It
                        >>>should be something like this:
                        >>>oWrite.Write Line(TextBox1.T ext)
                        >>>oWrite.Flush ()
                        >>>oWrite.Close ()
                        >>>See if that helps.
                        >>>Steve C.
                        >>>MCSD,MCAD,MC SE,MCP+I,CNE,CN A,CCNA
                        >>>dterib...@du nhamshq.com wrote:
                        >>>>On Aug 24, 10:43 am, Steve <lnuxguy_NOMAIL _PLEA...@gmail. comwrote:
                        >>>>>My barcode scanners (Intermec) add a CRLF to the end of the text
                        >>>>>automatica lly, and yours probably does to. If you look for that
                        >>>>>characte r on the KeyDown event, you should be able to pick up the text
                        >>>>>and use the System.IO namespace classes to write the file.
                        >>>>>Steve C.
                        >>>>>MCAD,MCSE, MCP+I,CNE,CNA,C CNA
                        >>>>>dterib...@ dunhamshq.com wrote:
                        >>>>>>Hello,
                        >>>>>>I am trying to make a program that when someone uses a scanner to scan
                        >>>>>>a barcode that the number will automaticly be entered into a .txt
                        >>>>>>file. I tired to use the most of the events and none have seemed to
                        >>>>>>work .Does anyone have any ideas. I and using VB.net 2005. Thank you- Hide quoted text -
                        >>>>>- Show quoted text -
                        >>>>Steve,
                        >>>>I did code this as follows. However I am having the problem of it only
                        >>>>getting the last digit of the serial number. Can you give me a little
                        >>>>more help.
                        >>>> Dim oFile As System.IO.File
                        >>>> Dim oWrite As System.IO.Strea mWriter
                        >>>> oWrite = oFile.CreateTex t("C:\sample2.t xt")
                        >>>> oWrite.WriteLin e(TextBox1.Text )
                        >>>> oWrite.Close()
                        >>>> TextBox1.Text = ""
                        >>>> End Sub- Hide quoted text -
                        >>>- Show quoted text -
                        >>It did not help. It has something to do with how I am clearing the
                        >>text box at the end. If I comment out textbox1.text out this part of
                        >>the code I can get the whole sku to show up in my file. If i had to
                        >>delete the old sku from the textbox everytime this would defeat the
                        >>purpose.- Hide quoted text -
                        >- Show quoted text -
                        >
                        >

                        Comment

                        Working...