visual studio.net 2003 and Access 2007 database

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Cindy H

    #1

    visual studio.net 2003 and Access 2007 database

    Hi

    I am currently using Visual Studio.Net 2003 running on Windows Server 2000
    operating system.
    I have used Visual Studio.net 2003 connecting to Access 2002 databases in
    the pass with great success.
    Now, I have a need to go to Access 2007 which produces database.accdb file
    instead of database.mdb.
    I've used ole db Jet 4.0 to connect to Access 2002 in Visual Studio.Net
    2003, now I guess you need to use Microsoft Ace 12.0 to make a connection.
    I don't know a lot about how these ole db drivers work - where does VS.Net
    get it's list of drivers from?
    I'm trying to avoid having to purschase Visual Studio.Net 2005 - if
    possible.
    Access 2007 wouldn't work on Windows Server 2000 operating system, so I was
    planning on installing it on XP and then installing Visual Studio.Net 2003
    on XP.
    I'm wondering if this will solve my problem with Visual Studio.Net 2003 not
    understanding what an accdb file is and being able to use the Microsoft Ace
    12.0 ole db to connect to an Access 2007 database.
    Does any one know about this?

    Thanks,
    CindyH



  • =?Utf-8?B?S2VycnkgTW9vcm1hbg==?=

    #2
    RE: visual studio.net 2003 and Access 2007 database

    Cindy,

    This site has the components you need:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

    You will also need to change your connection string:

    All connection strings in one place. Find the syntax for your database connection using ADO.NET, ADO, ODBC, OLEDB, C#, VB, VB.NET, ASP.NET and more.


    Kerry Moorman



    "Cindy H" wrote:
    Hi
    >
    I am currently using Visual Studio.Net 2003 running on Windows Server 2000
    operating system.
    I have used Visual Studio.net 2003 connecting to Access 2002 databases in
    the pass with great success.
    Now, I have a need to go to Access 2007 which produces database.accdb file
    instead of database.mdb.
    I've used ole db Jet 4.0 to connect to Access 2002 in Visual Studio.Net
    2003, now I guess you need to use Microsoft Ace 12.0 to make a connection.
    I don't know a lot about how these ole db drivers work - where does VS.Net
    get it's list of drivers from?
    I'm trying to avoid having to purschase Visual Studio.Net 2005 - if
    possible.
    Access 2007 wouldn't work on Windows Server 2000 operating system, so I was
    planning on installing it on XP and then installing Visual Studio.Net 2003
    on XP.
    I'm wondering if this will solve my problem with Visual Studio.Net 2003 not
    understanding what an accdb file is and being able to use the Microsoft Ace
    12.0 ole db to connect to an Access 2007 database.
    Does any one know about this?
    >
    Thanks,
    CindyH
    >
    >
    >
    >

    Comment

    • Cindy H

      #3
      Re: visual studio.net 2003 and Access 2007 database

      Hey - thanks Kerry.

      I think the AccessDatabaseE ngine.exe will only work on XP (not windows
      server 2000), so I will have to install vs.net 2003 there - is that right?

      CindyH



      "Kerry Moorman" <KerryMoorman@d iscussions.micr osoft.comwrote in message
      news:8C28FD54-3BD2-4276-8990-CAA405519C8C@mi crosoft.com...
      Cindy,
      >
      This site has the components you need:
      >
      http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
      >
      You will also need to change your connection string:
      >
      All connection strings in one place. Find the syntax for your database connection using ADO.NET, ADO, ODBC, OLEDB, C#, VB, VB.NET, ASP.NET and more.

      >
      Kerry Moorman
      >
      >
      >
      "Cindy H" wrote:
      >
      >Hi
      >>
      >I am currently using Visual Studio.Net 2003 running on Windows Server
      >2000
      >operating system.
      >I have used Visual Studio.net 2003 connecting to Access 2002 databases in
      >the pass with great success.
      >Now, I have a need to go to Access 2007 which produces database.accdb
      >file
      >instead of database.mdb.
      >I've used ole db Jet 4.0 to connect to Access 2002 in Visual Studio.Net
      >2003, now I guess you need to use Microsoft Ace 12.0 to make a
      >connection.
      >I don't know a lot about how these ole db drivers work - where does
      >VS.Net
      >get it's list of drivers from?
      >I'm trying to avoid having to purschase Visual Studio.Net 2005 - if
      >possible.
      >Access 2007 wouldn't work on Windows Server 2000 operating system, so I
      >was
      >planning on installing it on XP and then installing Visual Studio.Net
      >2003
      >on XP.
      >I'm wondering if this will solve my problem with Visual Studio.Net 2003
      >not
      >understandin g what an accdb file is and being able to use the Microsoft
      >Ace
      >12.0 ole db to connect to an Access 2007 database.
      >Does any one know about this?
      >>
      >Thanks,
      >CindyH
      >>
      >>
      >>
      >>

      Comment

      • =?Utf-8?B?S2VycnkgTW9vcm1hbg==?=

        #4
        Re: visual studio.net 2003 and Access 2007 database

        CindyH,

        I think your OS options are Server 2003, XP and Vista.

        Kerry Moorman


        "Cindy H" wrote:
        Hey - thanks Kerry.
        >
        I think the AccessDatabaseE ngine.exe will only work on XP (not windows
        server 2000), so I will have to install vs.net 2003 there - is that right?
        >
        CindyH
        >
        >
        >
        "Kerry Moorman" <KerryMoorman@d iscussions.micr osoft.comwrote in message
        news:8C28FD54-3BD2-4276-8990-CAA405519C8C@mi crosoft.com...
        Cindy,

        This site has the components you need:

        http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

        You will also need to change your connection string:

        All connection strings in one place. Find the syntax for your database connection using ADO.NET, ADO, ODBC, OLEDB, C#, VB, VB.NET, ASP.NET and more.


        Kerry Moorman



        "Cindy H" wrote:
        Hi
        >
        I am currently using Visual Studio.Net 2003 running on Windows Server
        2000
        operating system.
        I have used Visual Studio.net 2003 connecting to Access 2002 databases in
        the pass with great success.
        Now, I have a need to go to Access 2007 which produces database.accdb
        file
        instead of database.mdb.
        I've used ole db Jet 4.0 to connect to Access 2002 in Visual Studio.Net
        2003, now I guess you need to use Microsoft Ace 12.0 to make a
        connection.
        I don't know a lot about how these ole db drivers work - where does
        VS.Net
        get it's list of drivers from?
        I'm trying to avoid having to purschase Visual Studio.Net 2005 - if
        possible.
        Access 2007 wouldn't work on Windows Server 2000 operating system, so I
        was
        planning on installing it on XP and then installing Visual Studio.Net
        2003
        on XP.
        I'm wondering if this will solve my problem with Visual Studio.Net 2003
        not
        understanding what an accdb file is and being able to use the Microsoft
        Ace
        12.0 ole db to connect to an Access 2007 database.
        Does any one know about this?
        >
        Thanks,
        CindyH
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >

        Comment

        • Cindy H

          #5
          Re: visual studio.net 2003 and Access 2007 database

          Ok, great - thanks for your help.



          "Kerry Moorman" <KerryMoorman@d iscussions.micr osoft.comwrote in message
          news:3A3FF04C-74F6-4FBA-89E3-06E021A071E3@mi crosoft.com...
          CindyH,
          >
          I think your OS options are Server 2003, XP and Vista.
          >
          Kerry Moorman
          >
          >
          "Cindy H" wrote:
          >
          >Hey - thanks Kerry.
          >>
          >I think the AccessDatabaseE ngine.exe will only work on XP (not windows
          >server 2000), so I will have to install vs.net 2003 there - is that
          >right?
          >>
          >CindyH
          >>
          >>
          >>
          >"Kerry Moorman" <KerryMoorman@d iscussions.micr osoft.comwrote in message
          >news:8C28FD5 4-3BD2-4276-8990-CAA405519C8C@mi crosoft.com...
          Cindy,
          >
          This site has the components you need:
          >
          http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
          >
          You will also need to change your connection string:
          >
          All connection strings in one place. Find the syntax for your database connection using ADO.NET, ADO, ODBC, OLEDB, C#, VB, VB.NET, ASP.NET and more.

          >
          Kerry Moorman
          >
          >
          >
          "Cindy H" wrote:
          >
          >Hi
          >>
          >I am currently using Visual Studio.Net 2003 running on Windows Server
          >2000
          >operating system.
          >I have used Visual Studio.net 2003 connecting to Access 2002 databases
          >in
          >the pass with great success.
          >Now, I have a need to go to Access 2007 which produces database.accdb
          >file
          >instead of database.mdb.
          >I've used ole db Jet 4.0 to connect to Access 2002 in Visual
          >Studio.Net
          >2003, now I guess you need to use Microsoft Ace 12.0 to make a
          >connection.
          >I don't know a lot about how these ole db drivers work - where does
          >VS.Net
          >get it's list of drivers from?
          >I'm trying to avoid having to purschase Visual Studio.Net 2005 - if
          >possible.
          >Access 2007 wouldn't work on Windows Server 2000 operating system, so
          >I
          >was
          >planning on installing it on XP and then installing Visual Studio.Net
          >2003
          >on XP.
          >I'm wondering if this will solve my problem with Visual Studio.Net
          >2003
          >not
          >understandin g what an accdb file is and being able to use the
          >Microsoft
          >Ace
          >12.0 ole db to connect to an Access 2007 database.
          >Does any one know about this?
          >>
          >Thanks,
          >CindyH
          >>
          >>
          >>
          >>
          >>
          >>
          >>

          Comment

          Working...