design patterns

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Erick

    #1

    design patterns

    I'm trying to skill up on design patters and have started to reading
    about the factory method.
    Does any one know any good articles on line about this method in.
    vb.net if possible.

    I can read the code but I don't understand when they should be used
    and why I should use them.

    thanks

  • AshokG

    #2
    Re: design patterns

    Erik,

    Learn how to use the C# Factory Method design pattern to create objects without exposing the creation logic, with quick and easy examples. 100% Source code.


    Hope this helps.

    Regards,
    Ashok

    "Erick" <josefszeliga@h otmail.comwrote in message
    news:1187591399 .054018.147040@ i38g2000prf.goo glegroups.com.. .
    I'm trying to skill up on design patters and have started to reading
    about the factory method.
    Does any one know any good articles on line about this method in.
    vb.net if possible.
    >
    I can read the code but I don't understand when they should be used
    and why I should use them.
    >
    thanks
    >

    Comment

    • AshokG

      #3
      Re: design patterns

      Erik,

      This link can show you indepth on this pattern. Though the code in in Java
      you can read and understand it easily.



      This link is also usefull.



      Books worht reading on Design Patterns:

      1. Gamma E., et. al, Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software, Addison-
      Wesley, 1994
      2. Cooper J., Introduction to Design Patterns in C#, IBM T J Watson Research
      Center, 2002
      3. Head First Design Patterns

      Regards,
      Ashok

      "AshokG" <gw2ksoft@hotma il.comwrote in message
      news:%23N$dWNw4 HHA.5724@TK2MSF TNGP05.phx.gbl. ..
      Erik,
      >
      Learn how to use the C# Factory Method design pattern to create objects without exposing the creation logic, with quick and easy examples. 100% Source code.

      >
      Hope this helps.
      >
      Regards,
      Ashok
      >
      "Erick" <josefszeliga@h otmail.comwrote in message
      news:1187591399 .054018.147040@ i38g2000prf.goo glegroups.com.. .
      >I'm trying to skill up on design patters and have started to reading
      >about the factory method.
      >Does any one know any good articles on line about this method in.
      >vb.net if possible.
      >>
      >I can read the code but I don't understand when they should be used
      >and why I should use them.
      >>
      >thanks
      >>
      >
      >

      Comment

      Working...