outlook address book

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • hotelinfoline@gmail.com

    #1

    outlook address book

    I want to get outlook express (not microsoft outlook express) address
    book address's in visual basic application. Please tell how I can get.

  • Mr. Arnold

    #2
    Re: outlook address book


    <hotelinfoline@ gmail.comwrote in message
    news:1183012299 .392659.91660@o 11g2000prd.goog legroups.com...
    >I want to get outlook express (not microsoft outlook express) address
    book address's in visual basic application. Please tell how I can get.
    >
    Am I missing something here?

    What is the difference between Outlook Express and MS Outlook Express are
    they not the same solution?

    Of course there is MS Outlook, which is for MS Exchange.

    Comment

    • Phillip Taylor

      #3
      Re: outlook address book

      On Jun 28, 7:31 am, hotelinfol...@g mail.com wrote:
      I want to get outlook express (not microsoft outlook express) address
      book address's in visual basic application. Please tell how I can get.
      I'll assume your asking "I want to get Microsoft Outlook (Not Outlook
      Express)" address book entries in a VB App"

      The answer is that you need a copy of Outlook on the machine are
      developing on and you need to add a COM reference to "Microsoft
      Outlook XX Object Library" (where XX is the version number)

      Then you can create and use the objects in this library to get the
      addresses out. It's not too complicated.

      A word of warning. When you attempt to fetch an address, Outlook will
      open a warning dialog to the user that says "An application is
      attempting to read your addressbook. This could be a worm. Do you wish
      to authorise this request". I wouldn't of thought you can get rid of
      it but who knows, I've never tried.

      Good luck

      Phill

      Comment

      Working...