Does Embed or Object Tag have "events"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Anil Gupte

    #1

    Does Embed or Object Tag have "events"?

    I want to embed using an embed tag or object tag (like YouTube or others do)
    to embed a video file in a web page. I want to know if there is an event
    related to the video being done playing. Also are there other events?

    Thanx in advance,
    --
    Anil Gupte
    Innovate with UsLeading the Way in Advanced Technology Solutions Discover state-of-the-art services in logistics, databases, and AI designed for evolving

    www.icinema.com


  • Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

    #2
    Re: Does Embed or Object Tag have "events&qu ot;?

    "Anil Gupte" <anil-list@icinema.co mschrieb:
    >I want to embed using an embed tag or object tag (like YouTube or others
    >do) to embed a video file in a web page. I want to know if there is an
    >event related to the video being done playing. Also are there other
    >events?

    ActiveX controls embedded into Web pages can have events. These events are
    listed in the documentation and they can be handled using client-side
    JavaScript/JScript/VBScript.

    --
    M S Herfried K. Wagner
    M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
    V B <URL:http://classicvb.org/petition/>

    Comment

    • Anil Gupte

      #3
      Re: Does Embed or Object Tag have &quot;events&qu ot;?

      But how do I get an event? Actually, what I want to do is to use Embed or
      Object to show a Flash Video or a Windows Media file. When the video
      finished playing, I want to play the next video or redirect to another page.
      So, I want to capture the "Done Playing" or whatever event. I could look
      for an EOF in the stream, but I am not sure how to do that?

      Thanx,
      --
      Anil Gupte
      Innovate with UsLeading the Way in Advanced Technology Solutions Discover state-of-the-art services in logistics, databases, and AI designed for evolving

      www.icinema.com

      "Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]" <hirf-spam-me-here@gmx.atwrot e in message
      news:uIgh$2TpHH A.3880@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...
      "Anil Gupte" <anil-list@icinema.co mschrieb:
      >>I want to embed using an embed tag or object tag (like YouTube or others
      >>do) to embed a video file in a web page. I want to know if there is an
      >>event related to the video being done playing. Also are there other
      >>events?
      >
      >
      ActiveX controls embedded into Web pages can have events. These events
      are listed in the documentation and they can be handled using client-side
      JavaScript/JScript/VBScript.
      >
      --
      M S Herfried K. Wagner
      M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
      V B <URL:http://classicvb.org/petition/>

      Comment

      • Paul Chan

        #4
        Re: Does Embed or Object Tag have &quot;events&qu ot;? - Anil Gupte

        I only have part of the answer. In IE the script tag supports FOR and EVENT keywords. You can handle a custom ActiveX event in an OBJECT tag like this:

        <SCRIPT FOR="MyObjectId " EVENT="MyEvent" >
        </SCRIPT>

        The only part I couldn't figure out is how to retrieve the event parameter if there was one. Anyone know how???

        Paul Chan

        EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice

        Comment

        Working...