Response.Redirect to a filepath

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • marccruz@gmail.com

    #1

    Response.Redirect to a filepath

    Hi,

    I am creating a test web site that allows me to click a button which
    redirects me to a file path. I implemented some code to attempt this
    but I keep getting a blank page. How do I correctly redirect to a
    file path?

    The code I've tried is shown below:

    Protected Sub Button1_Click(B yVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
    System.EventArg s) Handles Button1.Click
    Response.Redire ct("file:///C:/", False)
    End Sub


    Thank you

  • Patrice

    #2
    Re: Response.Redire ct to a filepath

    Not sure what you are trying to do ? Also AFAIK most browsers won't let a
    web site to direct the browser to a local resource (at least with the
    default security settings)...
    See for example the note on
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa767731.aspx (documentation for
    the file protocol).

    --
    Patrice

    <marccruz@gmail .coma écrit dans le message de news:
    1179850952.4489 87.231480@u36g2 00...legr oups.com...
    Hi,
    >
    I am creating a test web site that allows me to click a button which
    redirects me to a file path. I implemented some code to attempt this
    but I keep getting a blank page. How do I correctly redirect to a
    file path?
    >
    The code I've tried is shown below:
    >
    Protected Sub Button1_Click(B yVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
    System.EventArg s) Handles Button1.Click
    Response.Redire ct("file:///C:/", False)
    End Sub
    >
    >
    Thank you
    >

    Comment

    Working...