Send a system message to a network user screen

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bill Nguyen

    #1

    Send a system message to a network user screen

    How can I send a system message to an active user within my network from a
    ..NET app?

    Bill


  • Spam Catcher

    #2
    Re: Send a system message to a network user screen

    "Bill Nguyen" <billn_nospam_p lease@jaco.comw rote in
    news:OZifNM2mHH A.3512@TK2MSFTN GP06.phx.gbl:
    How can I send a system message to an active user within my network
    from a .NET app?

    You could issue a net send

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...ll/proddocs/en
    -us/net_send.mspx



    Comment

    • Bill Nguyen

      #3
      Re: Send a system message to a network user screen

      I can't get it work on the command line.

      C:\Documents and Settings\billn> net send billn "this is a test"
      An error occurred while sending a message to BILLN.

      The message alias could not be found on the network.

      More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2273.


      C:\Documents and Settings\billn>


      Thanks

      Bill

      "Spam Catcher" <spamhoneypot@r ogers.comwrote in message
      news:Xns993717F BDA3DDusenethon eypotrogers@127 .0.0.1...
      "Bill Nguyen" <billn_nospam_p lease@jaco.comw rote in
      news:OZifNM2mHH A.3512@TK2MSFTN GP06.phx.gbl:
      >
      >How can I send a system message to an active user within my network
      >from a .NET app?
      >
      >
      You could issue a net send
      >
      http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...ll/proddocs/en
      -us/net_send.mspx
      >
      >
      http://www.codeproject.com/dotnet/PrataSendMsg.asp

      Comment

      Working...