Virtual List View and VirtualListSize property

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Duracel

    #1

    Virtual List View and VirtualListSize property

    Is there a maximum number for the VirtualListSize property when using a list
    view in Virtual Mode? When I set it to 1,000, 10,000 or 100,000 I seem to
    be able to scroll the correct number of items, but when I set it to
    1,000,000 the scroll bars behave like there are 1,000,000 items, but
    rendering doesn't reflect that number. The "index" property in the owner
    draw render override seems to state the correct number however. For
    example, page-up and page-down operations in the list only seem to think
    there are one and a bit pages of thumbnails.

    I'm not getting an exception when I set the value so I assume its a bug
    somewhere. Before you all ask why I could possibly want to put that many
    items into a list - I've got time-sequenced images here from a database that
    could in theory produce around 400,000 images a week so this virtual mode is
    pretty much a no-brainer ;).

    Any thoughts or am I going to have to implement partitions and set a maximum
    number of images in any one folder :(.


    Thanks.


  • Duracel

    #2
    Re: Virtual List View and VirtualListSize property

    Hah, my-bad. I was rendering them incorrectly.

    Dunces hat for me for a week ;)

    "Duracel" <nospam@itsarea lshame.comwrote in message
    news:lO6dnZsdLc Z9JpfbRVnyiwA@g iganews.com...
    Is there a maximum number for the VirtualListSize property when using a
    list view in Virtual Mode? When I set it to 1,000, 10,000 or 100,000 I
    seem to be able to scroll the correct number of items, but when I set it
    to 1,000,000 the scroll bars behave like there are 1,000,000 items, but
    rendering doesn't reflect that number. The "index" property in the owner
    draw render override seems to state the correct number however. For
    example, page-up and page-down operations in the list only seem to think
    there are one and a bit pages of thumbnails.
    >
    I'm not getting an exception when I set the value so I assume its a bug
    somewhere. Before you all ask why I could possibly want to put that many
    items into a list - I've got time-sequenced images here from a database
    that could in theory produce around 400,000 images a week so this virtual
    mode is pretty much a no-brainer ;).
    >
    Any thoughts or am I going to have to implement partitions and set a
    maximum number of images in any one folder :(.
    >
    >
    Thanks.
    >

    Comment

    Working...