which famework will be used

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jack Russell

    #1

    which famework will be used

    If I have a machine with all 3 versions of the framework (1 , 2 and 3)
    am I right in thinking that .net 2003 will choose to use version 1?
    Certainly that is what environment.ver sion seems to show.

    Thanks
  • Mattias Sjögren

    #2
    Re: which famework will be used

    Jack,
    >If I have a machine with all 3 versions of the framework (1 , 2 and 3)
    >am I right in thinking that .net 2003 will choose to use version 1?
    >Certainly that is what environment.ver sion seems to show.
    Yes, VS2003 only targets version 1.1.


    Mattias

    --
    Mattias Sjögren [C# MVP] mattias @ mvps.org
    http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/ | http://www.dotnetinterop.com
    Please reply only to the newsgroup.

    Comment

    • =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=

      #3
      Re: which famework will be used

      Mattias Sjögren wrote:
      Jack,
      >
      >If I have a machine with all 3 versions of the framework (1 , 2 and 3)
      >am I right in thinking that .net 2003 will choose to use version 1?
      >Certainly that is what environment.ver sion seems to show.
      >
      Yes, VS2003 only targets version 1.1.
      >
      >
      Mattias
      >
      On a side note: Framework 3.0 is not really a framework version. It
      mostly just installs WCF, WWF and WPF, the framework that is used for
      those is still 2.0.

      The real framework 3.0 will not come until framework 3.5.

      Yes, it does not lack elements of confusion. ;)

      --
      Göran Andersson
      _____
      Göran Anderssons privata hemsida.

      Comment

      • Rad [Visual C# MVP]

        #4
        Re: which famework will be used

        On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 22:23:24 +0100, Göran Andersson wrote:
        Mattias Sjögren wrote:
        >Jack,
        >>
        >>If I have a machine with all 3 versions of the framework (1 , 2 and 3)
        >>am I right in thinking that .net 2003 will choose to use version 1?
        >>Certainly that is what environment.ver sion seems to show.
        >>
        >Yes, VS2003 only targets version 1.1.
        >>
        >Mattias
        >>
        >
        On a side note: Framework 3.0 is not really a framework version. It
        mostly just installs WCF, WWF and WPF, the framework that is used for
        those is still 2.0.
        >
        The real framework 3.0 will not come until framework 3.5.
        >
        Yes, it does not lack elements of confusion. ;)
        I truly hope Microsoft will learn from the supreme confusion they
        introduced with this choice of naming it .NET 3 and not repeat it again!
        --
        Bits.Bytes

        Comment

        • =?ISO-8859-1?Q?G=F6ran_Andersson?=

          #5
          Re: which famework will be used

          Rad [Visual C# MVP] wrote:
          On Fri, 02 Mar 2007 22:23:24 +0100, Göran Andersson wrote:
          >
          >Mattias Sjögren wrote:
          >>Jack,
          >>>
          >>>If I have a machine with all 3 versions of the framework (1 , 2 and 3)
          >>>am I right in thinking that .net 2003 will choose to use version 1?
          >>>Certainly that is what environment.ver sion seems to show.
          >>Yes, VS2003 only targets version 1.1.
          >>>
          >>Mattias
          >>>
          >On a side note: Framework 3.0 is not really a framework version. It
          >mostly just installs WCF, WWF and WPF, the framework that is used for
          >those is still 2.0.
          >>
          >The real framework 3.0 will not come until framework 3.5.
          >>
          >Yes, it does not lack elements of confusion. ;)
          >
          I truly hope Microsoft will learn from the supreme confusion they
          introduced with this choice of naming it .NET 3 and not repeat it again!
          I am quite sure that they will not call any more products .NET 3. ;)

          --
          Göran Andersson
          _____
          Göran Anderssons privata hemsida.

          Comment

          • Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

            #6
            Re: which famework will be used

            "Rad [Visual C# MVP]" <nospam@nospam. comschrieb:
            >On a side note: Framework 3.0 is not really a framework version. It
            >mostly just installs WCF, WWF and WPF, the framework that is used for
            >those is still 2.0.
            >>
            >The real framework 3.0 will not come until framework 3.5.
            >>
            >Yes, it does not lack elements of confusion. ;)
            >
            I truly hope Microsoft will learn from the supreme confusion they
            introduced with this choice of naming it .NET 3 and not repeat it again!
            With marketing and legal departments making such decisions I would not vote
            on this ;-).

            --
            M S Herfried K. Wagner
            M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
            V B <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/dotnet/faqs/>

            Comment

            • Rad [Visual C# MVP]

              #7
              Re: which famework will be used

              On Sat, 3 Mar 2007 14:40:10 +0100, Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] wrote:
              "Rad [Visual C# MVP]" <nospam@nospam. comschrieb:
              >>On a side note: Framework 3.0 is not really a framework version. It
              >>mostly just installs WCF, WWF and WPF, the framework that is used for
              >>those is still 2.0.
              >>>
              >>The real framework 3.0 will not come until framework 3.5.
              >>>
              >>Yes, it does not lack elements of confusion. ;)
              >>
              >I truly hope Microsoft will learn from the supreme confusion they
              >introduced with this choice of naming it .NET 3 and not repeat it again!
              >
              With marketing and legal departments making such decisions I would not vote
              on this ;-).
              Ah well ... one can but hope :)
              --
              Bits.Bytes

              Comment

              • =?Utf-8?B?RGVubmlz?=

                #8
                Re: which famework will be used

                What happens if I only have .net 2.0 framework and try to run either VS2003
                or apps developed with VS2003?
                --
                Dennis in Houston


                "Mattias Sjögren" wrote:
                Jack,
                >
                If I have a machine with all 3 versions of the framework (1 , 2 and 3)
                am I right in thinking that .net 2003 will choose to use version 1?
                Certainly that is what environment.ver sion seems to show.
                >
                Yes, VS2003 only targets version 1.1.
                >
                >
                Mattias
                >
                --
                Mattias Sjögren [C# MVP] mattias @ mvps.org
                http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/ | http://www.dotnetinterop.com
                Please reply only to the newsgroup.
                >

                Comment

                • RobinS

                  #9
                  Re: which famework will be used

                  It won't work. VS2003 only works with .Net 1.1
                  Robin S.
                  ---------------------------
                  "Dennis" <Dennis@discuss ions.microsoft. comwrote in message
                  news:BA0EED94-6D56-4241-87EA-9D5EA426232E@mi crosoft.com...
                  What happens if I only have .net 2.0 framework and try to run either
                  VS2003
                  or apps developed with VS2003?
                  --
                  Dennis in Houston
                  >
                  >
                  "Mattias Sjögren" wrote:
                  >
                  >Jack,
                  >>
                  >If I have a machine with all 3 versions of the framework (1 , 2 and 3)
                  >am I right in thinking that .net 2003 will choose to use version 1?
                  >Certainly that is what environment.ver sion seems to show.
                  >>
                  >Yes, VS2003 only targets version 1.1.
                  >>
                  >>
                  >Mattias
                  >>
                  >--
                  >Mattias Sjögren [C# MVP] mattias @ mvps.org
                  >http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/ | http://www.dotnetinterop.com
                  >Please reply only to the newsgroup.
                  >>

                  Comment

                  • Jack Russell

                    #10
                    Re: which famework will be used

                    Are you sure, I am sure that I tried it and it did. I will try to do it
                    again.
                    Jack Russell



                    RobinS wrote:
                    It won't work. VS2003 only works with .Net 1.1
                    Robin S.
                    ---------------------------
                    "Dennis" <Dennis@discuss ions.microsoft. comwrote in message
                    news:BA0EED94-6D56-4241-87EA-9D5EA426232E@mi crosoft.com...
                    >
                    >>What happens if I only have .net 2.0 framework and try to run either
                    >>VS2003
                    >>or apps developed with VS2003?
                    >>--
                    >>Dennis in Houston
                    >>
                    >>
                    >>"Mattias Sjögren" wrote:
                    >>
                    >>
                    >>>Jack,
                    >>>
                    >>>
                    >>>>If I have a machine with all 3 versions of the framework (1 , 2 and 3)
                    >>>>am I right in thinking that .net 2003 will choose to use version 1?
                    >>>>Certainly that is what environment.ver sion seems to show.
                    >>>
                    >>>Yes, VS2003 only targets version 1.1.
                    >>>
                    >>>
                    >>>Mattias
                    >>>
                    >>>--
                    >>>Mattias Sjögren [C# MVP] mattias @ mvps.org
                    >>>http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/ | http://www.dotnetinterop.com
                    >>>Please reply only to the newsgroup.
                    >>>
                    >
                    >
                    >

                    Comment

                    • RobinS

                      #11
                      Re: which famework will be used

                      I am sure.

                      Robin S.
                      =============== =======
                      "Jack Russell" <jackr@norubbis h.tpg.com.auwro te in message
                      news:uZgRx7bYHH A.4396@TK2MSFTN GP06.phx.gbl...
                      Are you sure, I am sure that I tried it and it did. I will try to do it
                      again.
                      Jack Russell
                      >
                      >
                      >
                      RobinS wrote:
                      >It won't work. VS2003 only works with .Net 1.1
                      >Robin S.
                      >---------------------------
                      >"Dennis" <Dennis@discuss ions.microsoft. comwrote in message
                      >news:BA0EED9 4-6D56-4241-87EA-9D5EA426232E@mi crosoft.com...
                      >>
                      >>>What happens if I only have .net 2.0 framework and try to run either
                      >>>VS2003
                      >>>or apps developed with VS2003?
                      >>>--
                      >>>Dennis in Houston
                      >>>
                      >>>
                      >>>"Mattias Sjögren" wrote:
                      >>>
                      >>>
                      >>>>Jack,
                      >>>>
                      >>>>
                      >>>>>If I have a machine with all 3 versions of the framework (1 , 2 and 3)
                      >>>>>am I right in thinking that .net 2003 will choose to use version 1?
                      >>>>>Certainl y that is what environment.ver sion seems to show.
                      >>>>
                      >>>>Yes, VS2003 only targets version 1.1.
                      >>>>
                      >>>>
                      >>>>Mattias
                      >>>>
                      >>>>--
                      >>>>Mattias Sjögren [C# MVP] mattias @ mvps.org
                      >>>>http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/ | http://www.dotnetinterop.com
                      >>>>Please reply only to the newsgroup.
                      >>>>
                      >>
                      >>

                      Comment

                      • Jack Russell

                        #12
                        Re: which famework will be used

                        Robin

                        Of course you are right I am sorry, I was thinking of projects developed
                        with VS2003 running with framework 2.

                        Jack



                        RobinS wrote:
                        I am sure.
                        >
                        Robin S.
                        =============== =======
                        "Jack Russell" <jackr@norubbis h.tpg.com.auwro te in message
                        news:uZgRx7bYHH A.4396@TK2MSFTN GP06.phx.gbl...
                        >
                        >>Are you sure, I am sure that I tried it and it did. I will try to do it
                        >>again.
                        >>Jack Russell
                        >>
                        >>
                        >>
                        >>RobinS wrote:
                        >>
                        >>>It won't work. VS2003 only works with .Net 1.1
                        >>>Robin S.
                        >>>---------------------------
                        >>>"Dennis" <Dennis@discuss ions.microsoft. comwrote in message
                        >>>news:BA0EED9 4-6D56-4241-87EA-9D5EA426232E@mi crosoft.com...
                        >>>
                        >>>
                        >>>>What happens if I only have .net 2.0 framework and try to run either
                        >>>>VS2003
                        >>>>or apps developed with VS2003?
                        >>>>--
                        >>>>Dennis in Houston
                        >>>>
                        >>>>
                        >>>>"Mattias Sjögren" wrote:
                        >>>>
                        >>>>
                        >>>>
                        >>>>>Jack,
                        >>>>>
                        >>>>>
                        >>>>>
                        >>>>>>If I have a machine with all 3 versions of the framework (1 , 2 and 3)
                        >>>>>>am I right in thinking that .net 2003 will choose to use version 1?
                        >>>>>>Certain ly that is what environment.ver sion seems to show.
                        >>>>>
                        >>>>>Yes, VS2003 only targets version 1.1.
                        >>>>>
                        >>>>>
                        >>>>>Mattias
                        >>>>>
                        >>>>>--
                        >>>>>Mattias Sjögren [C# MVP] mattias @ mvps.org
                        >>>>>http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/ | http://www.dotnetinterop.com
                        >>>>>Please reply only to the newsgroup.
                        >>>>>
                        >>>
                        >>>
                        >

                        Comment

                        • RobinS

                          #13
                          Re: which famework will be used

                          You mean VS2005. VS2003 only works with .Net 1.1.

                          Robin S.
                          ---------------------
                          "Jack Russell" <jackr@norubbis h.tpg.com.auwro te in message
                          news:eFeMF$hYHH A.1300@TK2MSFTN GP02.phx.gbl...
                          Robin
                          >
                          Of course you are right I am sorry, I was thinking of projects developed
                          with VS2003 running with framework 2.
                          >
                          Jack
                          >
                          >
                          >
                          RobinS wrote:
                          >I am sure.
                          >>
                          >Robin S.
                          >============== ========
                          >"Jack Russell" <jackr@norubbis h.tpg.com.auwro te in message
                          >news:uZgRx7bYH HA.4396@TK2MSFT NGP06.phx.gbl.. .
                          >>
                          >>>Are you sure, I am sure that I tried it and it did. I will try to do it
                          >>>again.
                          >>>Jack Russell
                          >>>
                          >>>
                          >>>
                          >>>RobinS wrote:
                          >>>
                          >>>>It won't work. VS2003 only works with .Net 1.1
                          >>>>Robin S.
                          >>>>---------------------------
                          >>>>"Dennis" <Dennis@discuss ions.microsoft. comwrote in message
                          >>>>news:BA0EED 94-6D56-4241-87EA-9D5EA426232E@mi crosoft.com...
                          >>>>
                          >>>>
                          >>>>>What happens if I only have .net 2.0 framework and try to run either
                          >>>>>VS2003
                          >>>>>or apps developed with VS2003?
                          >>>>>--
                          >>>>>Dennis in Houston
                          >>>>>
                          >>>>>
                          >>>>>"Mattias Sjögren" wrote:
                          >>>>>
                          >>>>>
                          >>>>>
                          >>>>>>Jack,
                          >>>>>>
                          >>>>>>
                          >>>>>>
                          >>>>>>>If I have a machine with all 3 versions of the framework (1 , 2 and
                          >>>>>>>3)
                          >>>>>>>am I right in thinking that .net 2003 will choose to use version 1?
                          >>>>>>>Certainl y that is what environment.ver sion seems to show.
                          >>>>>>
                          >>>>>>Yes, VS2003 only targets version 1.1.
                          >>>>>>
                          >>>>>>
                          >>>>>>Mattias
                          >>>>>>
                          >>>>>>--
                          >>>>>>Mattias Sjögren [C# MVP] mattias @ mvps.org
                          >>>>>>http://www.msjogren.net/dotnet/ | http://www.dotnetinterop.com
                          >>>>>>Please reply only to the newsgroup.
                          >>>>>>
                          >>>>
                          >>>>
                          >>

                          Comment

                          Working...