databinding problem

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Vlado Jasovic

    #1

    databinding problem

    Hello,

    I'm using typed dataset for databinding to windows controls and I'm having
    some problems.

    I'm trying to move all business logic to datatable column_changing events
    and the problem that I'm having is when I change some other column, control
    value doesn't update immediately until I call endcurrentedit on
    bindingmanager which doesnt happen until user click update button.

    Here's my problem:

    Private Sub BusinessPartner DataTable_Colum nChanging(ByVal sender As
    System.Object, ByVal e As System.Data.Dat aColumnChangeEv entArgs) Handles
    Me.ColumnChangi ng
    Select Case e.Column.Column Name

    Case Me.dbaColumn.Co lumnName

    Me(0).categoryI D = "changed_column "

    End Select


    End Sub


    Now, unerlying dataset.datatab le(0).categoryI D is indeed changed but
    databound textbox control remains the same.



    How can I force databinding.upd ate from dataset/datatable?



    Thanks,



    Vlado


  • RobinS

    #2
    Re: databinding problem

    Which version of .Net are you using? 2003 or 2005?

    Robin S.
    ------------------------
    "Vlado Jasovic" <vladoDOTjasovi cATexcelleincDO Tcomwrote in message
    news:4LudnUybUJ hDdiXYnZ2dnUVZ_ uWlnZ2d@giganew s.com...
    Hello,
    >
    I'm using typed dataset for databinding to windows controls and I'm
    having some problems.
    >
    I'm trying to move all business logic to datatable column_changing
    events and the problem that I'm having is when I change some other
    column, control value doesn't update immediately until I call
    endcurrentedit on bindingmanager which doesnt happen until user click
    update button.
    >
    Here's my problem:
    >
    Private Sub BusinessPartner DataTable_Colum nChanging(ByVal sender As
    System.Object, ByVal e As System.Data.Dat aColumnChangeEv entArgs)
    Handles Me.ColumnChangi ng
    Select Case e.Column.Column Name
    >
    Case Me.dbaColumn.Co lumnName
    >
    Me(0).categoryI D = "changed_column "
    >
    End Select
    >
    >
    End Sub
    >
    >
    Now, unerlying dataset.datatab le(0).categoryI D is indeed changed but
    databound textbox control remains the same.
    >
    >
    >
    How can I force databinding.upd ate from dataset/datatable?
    >
    >
    >
    Thanks,
    >
    >
    >
    Vlado
    >
    >

    Comment

    • Vlado Jasovic

      #3
      Re: databinding problem

      VB.Net 2005 and Datatable/TableAdapter.

      "RobinS" <RobinS@NoSpam. yah.nonewrote in message
      news:9aWdnXsb8c _UoiTYnZ2dnUVZ_ uuqnZ2d@comcast .com...
      Which version of .Net are you using? 2003 or 2005?
      >
      Robin S.
      ------------------------
      "Vlado Jasovic" <vladoDOTjasovi cATexcelleincDO Tcomwrote in message
      news:4LudnUybUJ hDdiXYnZ2dnUVZ_ uWlnZ2d@giganew s.com...
      >Hello,
      >>
      >I'm using typed dataset for databinding to windows controls and I'm
      >having some problems.
      >>
      >I'm trying to move all business logic to datatable column_changing events
      >and the problem that I'm having is when I change some other column,
      >control value doesn't update immediately until I call endcurrentedit on
      >bindingmanag er which doesnt happen until user click update button.
      >>
      >Here's my problem:
      >>
      >Private Sub BusinessPartner DataTable_Colum nChanging(ByVal sender As
      >System.Objec t, ByVal e As System.Data.Dat aColumnChangeEv entArgs) Handles
      >Me.ColumnChang ing
      >Select Case e.Column.Column Name
      >>
      >Case Me.dbaColumn.Co lumnName
      >>
      >Me(0).category ID = "changed_column "
      >>
      >End Select
      >>
      >>
      >End Sub
      >>
      >>
      >Now, unerlying dataset.datatab le(0).categoryI D is indeed changed but
      >databound textbox control remains the same.
      >>
      >>
      >>
      >How can I force databinding.upd ate from dataset/datatable?
      >>
      >>
      >>
      >Thanks,
      >>
      >>
      >>
      >Vlado
      >>
      >>
      >
      >

      Comment

      • RobinS

        #4
        Re: databinding problem

        Did you figure out the answer to this, or are you still hanging?
        Because I have a pretty good idea, if you still need an answer...

        Robin S.
        ---------------------------
        "Vlado Jasovic" <vladoDOTjasovi cATexcelleincDO Tcomwrote in message
        news:rpGdnY53H6 YTjSfYnZ2dnUVZ_ qunnZ2d@giganew s.com...
        VB.Net 2005 and Datatable/TableAdapter.
        >
        "RobinS" <RobinS@NoSpam. yah.nonewrote in message
        news:9aWdnXsb8c _UoiTYnZ2dnUVZ_ uuqnZ2d@comcast .com...
        >Which version of .Net are you using? 2003 or 2005?
        >>
        >Robin S.
        >------------------------
        >"Vlado Jasovic" <vladoDOTjasovi cATexcelleincDO Tcomwrote in message
        >news:4LudnUybU JhDdiXYnZ2dnUVZ _uWlnZ2d@gigane ws.com...
        >>Hello,
        >>>
        >>I'm using typed dataset for databinding to windows controls and I'm
        >>having some problems.
        >>>
        >>I'm trying to move all business logic to datatable column_changing
        >>events and the problem that I'm having is when I change some other
        >>column, control value doesn't update immediately until I call
        >>endcurrentedi t on bindingmanager which doesnt happen until user
        >>click update button.
        >>>
        >>Here's my problem:
        >>>
        >>Private Sub BusinessPartner DataTable_Colum nChanging(ByVal sender As
        >>System.Object , ByVal e As System.Data.Dat aColumnChangeEv entArgs)
        >>Handles Me.ColumnChangi ng
        >>Select Case e.Column.Column Name
        >>>
        >>Case Me.dbaColumn.Co lumnName
        >>>
        >>Me(0).categor yID = "changed_column "
        >>>
        >>End Select
        >>>
        >>>
        >>End Sub
        >>>
        >>>
        >>Now, unerlying dataset.datatab le(0).categoryI D is indeed changed but
        >>databound textbox control remains the same.
        >>>
        >>>
        >>>
        >>How can I force databinding.upd ate from dataset/datatable?
        >>>
        >>>
        >>>
        >>Thanks,
        >>>
        >>>
        >>>
        >>Vlado
        >>>
        >>>
        >>
        >>
        >
        >

        Comment

        • Vlado Jasovic

          #5
          Re: databinding problem

          Still need an answer.

          I made a workaround by creating an event under datatable and form subscribes
          to it and calls BindingManager. EndCurrentEdit but would like to know if
          there's another way.

          Thanks,

          Vlado


          "RobinS" <RobinS@NoSpam. yah.nonewrote in message
          news:eOqdnQGuUN t2eibYnZ2dnUVZ_ vKunZ2d@comcast .com...
          Did you figure out the answer to this, or are you still hanging?
          Because I have a pretty good idea, if you still need an answer...
          >
          Robin S.
          ---------------------------
          "Vlado Jasovic" <vladoDOTjasovi cATexcelleincDO Tcomwrote in message
          news:rpGdnY53H6 YTjSfYnZ2dnUVZ_ qunnZ2d@giganew s.com...
          >VB.Net 2005 and Datatable/TableAdapter.
          >>
          >"RobinS" <RobinS@NoSpam. yah.nonewrote in message
          >news:9aWdnXsb8 c_UoiTYnZ2dnUVZ _uuqnZ2d@comcas t.com...
          >>Which version of .Net are you using? 2003 or 2005?
          >>>
          >>Robin S.
          >>------------------------
          >>"Vlado Jasovic" <vladoDOTjasovi cATexcelleincDO Tcomwrote in message
          >>news:4LudnUyb UJhDdiXYnZ2dnUV Z_uWlnZ2d@gigan ews.com...
          >>>Hello,
          >>>>
          >>>I'm using typed dataset for databinding to windows controls and I'm
          >>>having some problems.
          >>>>
          >>>I'm trying to move all business logic to datatable column_changing
          >>>events and the problem that I'm having is when I change some other
          >>>column, control value doesn't update immediately until I call
          >>>endcurrented it on bindingmanager which doesnt happen until user click
          >>>update button.
          >>>>
          >>>Here's my problem:
          >>>>
          >>>Private Sub BusinessPartner DataTable_Colum nChanging(ByVal sender As
          >>>System.Objec t, ByVal e As System.Data.Dat aColumnChangeEv entArgs)
          >>>Handles Me.ColumnChangi ng
          >>>Select Case e.Column.Column Name
          >>>>
          >>>Case Me.dbaColumn.Co lumnName
          >>>>
          >>>Me(0).catego ryID = "changed_column "
          >>>>
          >>>End Select
          >>>>
          >>>>
          >>>End Sub
          >>>>
          >>>>
          >>>Now, unerlying dataset.datatab le(0).categoryI D is indeed changed but
          >>>databound textbox control remains the same.
          >>>>
          >>>>
          >>>>
          >>>How can I force databinding.upd ate from dataset/datatable?
          >>>>
          >>>>
          >>>>
          >>>Thanks,
          >>>>
          >>>>
          >>>>
          >>>Vlado
          >>>>
          >>>>
          >>>
          >>>
          >>
          >>
          >
          >

          Comment

          • RobinS

            #6
            Re: databinding problem

            Why are you using the Column_Changing events? Just a masochist? In my
            experience, events never work the way you think they should in .Net, or in
            the order you think they should.

            Anyway, if I understand what you're doing, you're changing the data source
            and the change is not reflected in the data displayed in the controls on
            the screen that are bound to that data source.

            Have you checked out the BindingSource? It is an intermediary between your
            controls and your data source, and immediately reflects any changes made to
            the data source in the controls. To push it the other way, you invoke
            EndEdit. Then of course, you have to call Update on your adapter to push
            the changes down to the data source.

            So you add a Binding Source (add the component to your form from the Data
            toolbox).

            Set the data source of it to your data table.

            myBindingSource .DataSource = myDataTable

            Then bind your controls to the BindingSource.

            myTextBox.DataB indings.Add(new Binding("Text", _
            myBindingSource , "CompanyNam e", true))

            myGrid.DataSour ce = myBindingSource

            See if that gets you anywhere. And answer my question at the top; maybe I
            can recommend another solution.

            I use the n-layer model, so all of the data I display on the screen is
            defined in Classes. I capture changes to them when the Property value is
            modified.

            Robin S.
            -------------------------------------------------
            "Vlado Jasovic" <vladoDOTjasovi cATexcelleincDO Tcomwrote in message
            news:kaidnc0JGf lb7CPYnZ2dnUVZ_ ualnZ2d@giganew s.com...
            Still need an answer.
            >
            I made a workaround by creating an event under datatable and form
            subscribes to it and calls BindingManager. EndCurrentEdit but would like
            to know if there's another way.
            >
            Thanks,
            >
            Vlado
            >
            >
            "RobinS" <RobinS@NoSpam. yah.nonewrote in message
            news:eOqdnQGuUN t2eibYnZ2dnUVZ_ vKunZ2d@comcast .com...
            >Did you figure out the answer to this, or are you still hanging?
            >Because I have a pretty good idea, if you still need an answer...
            >>
            >Robin S.
            >---------------------------
            >"Vlado Jasovic" <vladoDOTjasovi cATexcelleincDO Tcomwrote in message
            >news:rpGdnY53H 6YTjSfYnZ2dnUVZ _qunnZ2d@gigane ws.com...
            >>VB.Net 2005 and Datatable/TableAdapter.
            >>>
            >>"RobinS" <RobinS@NoSpam. yah.nonewrote in message
            >>news:9aWdnXsb 8c_UoiTYnZ2dnUV Z_uuqnZ2d@comca st.com...
            >>>Which version of .Net are you using? 2003 or 2005?
            >>>>
            >>>Robin S.
            >>>------------------------
            >>>"Vlado Jasovic" <vladoDOTjasovi cATexcelleincDO Tcomwrote in message
            >>>news:4LudnUy bUJhDdiXYnZ2dnU VZ_uWlnZ2d@giga news.com...
            >>>>Hello,
            >>>>>
            >>>>I'm using typed dataset for databinding to windows controls and I'm
            >>>>having some problems.
            >>>>>
            >>>>I'm trying to move all business logic to datatable column_changing
            >>>>events and the problem that I'm having is when I change some other
            >>>>column, control value doesn't update immediately until I call
            >>>>endcurrente dit on bindingmanager which doesnt happen until user click
            >>>>update button.
            >>>>>
            >>>>Here's my problem:
            >>>>>
            >>>>Private Sub BusinessPartner DataTable_Colum nChanging(ByVal sender As
            >>>>System.Obje ct, ByVal e As System.Data.Dat aColumnChangeEv entArgs)
            >>>>Handles Me.ColumnChangi ng
            >>>>Select Case e.Column.Column Name
            >>>>>
            >>>>Case Me.dbaColumn.Co lumnName
            >>>>>
            >>>>Me(0).categ oryID = "changed_column "
            >>>>>
            >>>>End Select
            >>>>>
            >>>>>
            >>>>End Sub
            >>>>>
            >>>>>
            >>>>Now, unerlying dataset.datatab le(0).categoryI D is indeed changed but
            >>>>databound textbox control remains the same.
            >>>>>
            >>>>>
            >>>>>
            >>>>How can I force databinding.upd ate from dataset/datatable?
            >>>>>
            >>>>>
            >>>>>
            >>>>Thanks,
            >>>>>
            >>>>>
            >>>>>
            >>>>Vlado
            >>>>>
            >>>>>
            >>>>
            >>>>
            >>>
            >>>
            >>
            >>
            >
            >

            Comment

            • Vlado Jasovic

              #7
              Re: databinding problem

              Robin,

              I'm using Column_Changing mostly to validate input.
              In this case, Column_Changing should change different column depending on
              current column's value.

              I know about BindingSource and I'm using BindingManager but that's on form
              level.

              I didn't find a way to force databinding update from a datatable except as a
              workaround with raising Event as described.

              Also, I do use n-tier model but Business and Data tier is contained in one
              layer (Datasets/Datatable). All the validation/ updating datasource happens
              here. This is acceptable scenario for us as we don't anticipate having
              database source other than MSSQL and don't have problem with BusinessObjects
              and DataLayer not being loosely coupled.


              Again, the only problem is how to force Databinding, EndCurrentEdit from
              Datatable.



              "RobinS" <RobinS@NoSpam. yah.nonewrote in message
              news:FradnVkz7p 5gCSPYnZ2dnUVZ_ ruknZ2d@comcast .com...
              Why are you using the Column_Changing events? Just a masochist? In my
              experience, events never work the way you think they should in .Net, or in
              the order you think they should.
              >
              Anyway, if I understand what you're doing, you're changing the data source
              and the change is not reflected in the data displayed in the controls on
              the screen that are bound to that data source.
              >
              Have you checked out the BindingSource? It is an intermediary between your
              controls and your data source, and immediately reflects any changes made
              to the data source in the controls. To push it the other way, you invoke
              EndEdit. Then of course, you have to call Update on your adapter to push
              the changes down to the data source.
              >
              So you add a Binding Source (add the component to your form from the Data
              toolbox).
              >
              Set the data source of it to your data table.
              >
              myBindingSource .DataSource = myDataTable
              >
              Then bind your controls to the BindingSource.
              >
              myTextBox.DataB indings.Add(new Binding("Text", _
              myBindingSource , "CompanyNam e", true))
              >
              myGrid.DataSour ce = myBindingSource
              >
              See if that gets you anywhere. And answer my question at the top; maybe I
              can recommend another solution.
              >
              I use the n-layer model, so all of the data I display on the screen is
              defined in Classes. I capture changes to them when the Property value is
              modified.
              >
              Robin S.
              -------------------------------------------------
              "Vlado Jasovic" <vladoDOTjasovi cATexcelleincDO Tcomwrote in message
              news:kaidnc0JGf lb7CPYnZ2dnUVZ_ ualnZ2d@giganew s.com...
              >Still need an answer.
              >>
              >I made a workaround by creating an event under datatable and form
              >subscribes to it and calls BindingManager. EndCurrentEdit but would like
              >to know if there's another way.
              >>
              >Thanks,
              >>
              >Vlado
              >>
              >>
              >"RobinS" <RobinS@NoSpam. yah.nonewrote in message
              >news:eOqdnQGuU Nt2eibYnZ2dnUVZ _vKunZ2d@comcas t.com...
              >>Did you figure out the answer to this, or are you still hanging?
              >>Because I have a pretty good idea, if you still need an answer...
              >>>
              >>Robin S.
              >>---------------------------
              >>"Vlado Jasovic" <vladoDOTjasovi cATexcelleincDO Tcomwrote in message
              >>news:rpGdnY53 H6YTjSfYnZ2dnUV Z_qunnZ2d@gigan ews.com...
              >>>VB.Net 2005 and Datatable/TableAdapter.
              >>>>
              >>>"RobinS" <RobinS@NoSpam. yah.nonewrote in message
              >>>news:9aWdnXs b8c_UoiTYnZ2dnU VZ_uuqnZ2d@comc ast.com...
              >>>>Which version of .Net are you using? 2003 or 2005?
              >>>>>
              >>>>Robin S.
              >>>>------------------------
              >>>>"Vlado Jasovic" <vladoDOTjasovi cATexcelleincDO Tcomwrote in message
              >>>>news:4LudnU ybUJhDdiXYnZ2dn UVZ_uWlnZ2d@gig anews.com...
              >>>>>Hello,
              >>>>>>
              >>>>>I'm using typed dataset for databinding to windows controls and I'm
              >>>>>having some problems.
              >>>>>>
              >>>>>I'm trying to move all business logic to datatable column_changing
              >>>>>events and the problem that I'm having is when I change some other
              >>>>>column, control value doesn't update immediately until I call
              >>>>>endcurrent edit on bindingmanager which doesnt happen until user click
              >>>>>update button.
              >>>>>>
              >>>>>Here's my problem:
              >>>>>>
              >>>>>Private Sub BusinessPartner DataTable_Colum nChanging(ByVal sender As
              >>>>>System.Obj ect, ByVal e As System.Data.Dat aColumnChangeEv entArgs)
              >>>>>Handles Me.ColumnChangi ng
              >>>>>Select Case e.Column.Column Name
              >>>>>>
              >>>>>Case Me.dbaColumn.Co lumnName
              >>>>>>
              >>>>>Me(0).cate goryID = "changed_column "
              >>>>>>
              >>>>>End Select
              >>>>>>
              >>>>>>
              >>>>>End Sub
              >>>>>>
              >>>>>>
              >>>>>Now, unerlying dataset.datatab le(0).categoryI D is indeed changed but
              >>>>>databoun d textbox control remains the same.
              >>>>>>
              >>>>>>
              >>>>>>
              >>>>>How can I force databinding.upd ate from dataset/datatable?
              >>>>>>
              >>>>>>
              >>>>>>
              >>>>>Thanks,
              >>>>>>
              >>>>>>
              >>>>>>
              >>>>>Vlado
              >>>>>>
              >>>>>>
              >>>>>
              >>>>>
              >>>>
              >>>>
              >>>
              >>>
              >>
              >>
              >
              >

              Comment

              • RobinS

                #8
                Re: databinding problem

                Did you *try* the BindingSource? Because if you use one, and update the
                underlying data source, the changes will be reflected on the bound
                controls.

                I've never used the Binding Manager; I always use a BindingSource because
                it's to nifty. Give it a try, and let me know if it works.

                Robin S.
                Ts'i mahnu uterna ot twan ot geifur hingts uto.
                -----------------------------------------------------
                "Vlado Jasovic" <vladoDOTjasovi cATexcelleincDO Tcomwrote in message
                news:IZSdnbgssJ IMwSLYnZ2dnUVZ_ u2mnZ2d@giganew s.com...
                Robin,
                >
                I'm using Column_Changing mostly to validate input.
                In this case, Column_Changing should change different column depending on
                current column's value.
                >
                I know about BindingSource and I'm using BindingManager but that's on
                form level.
                >
                I didn't find a way to force databinding update from a datatable except
                as a workaround with raising Event as described.
                >
                Also, I do use n-tier model but Business and Data tier is contained in
                one layer (Datasets/Datatable). All the validation/ updating datasource
                happens here. This is acceptable scenario for us as we don't anticipate
                having database source other than MSSQL and don't have problem with
                BusinessObjects and DataLayer not being loosely coupled.
                >
                >
                Again, the only problem is how to force Databinding, EndCurrentEdit from
                Datatable.
                >
                >
                >
                "RobinS" <RobinS@NoSpam. yah.nonewrote in message
                news:FradnVkz7p 5gCSPYnZ2dnUVZ_ ruknZ2d@comcast .com...
                >Why are you using the Column_Changing events? Just a masochist? In my
                >experience, events never work the way you think they should in .Net, or
                >in the order you think they should.
                >>
                >Anyway, if I understand what you're doing, you're changing the data
                >source and the change is not reflected in the data displayed in the
                >controls on the screen that are bound to that data source.
                >>
                >Have you checked out the BindingSource? It is an intermediary between
                >your controls and your data source, and immediately reflects any changes
                >made to the data source in the controls. To push it the other way, you
                >invoke EndEdit. Then of course, you have to call Update on your adapter
                >to push the changes down to the data source.
                >>
                >So you add a Binding Source (add the component to your form from the
                >Data toolbox).
                >>
                >Set the data source of it to your data table.
                >>
                > myBindingSource .DataSource = myDataTable
                >>
                >Then bind your controls to the BindingSource.
                >>
                > myTextBox.DataB indings.Add(new Binding("Text", _
                > myBindingSource , "CompanyNam e", true))
                >>
                > myGrid.DataSour ce = myBindingSource
                >>
                >See if that gets you anywhere. And answer my question at the top; maybe
                >I can recommend another solution.
                >>
                >I use the n-layer model, so all of the data I display on the screen is
                >defined in Classes. I capture changes to them when the Property value is
                >modified.
                >>
                >Robin S.
                >-------------------------------------------------
                >"Vlado Jasovic" <vladoDOTjasovi cATexcelleincDO Tcomwrote in message
                >news:kaidnc0JG flb7CPYnZ2dnUVZ _ualnZ2d@gigane ws.com...
                >>Still need an answer.
                >>>
                >>I made a workaround by creating an event under datatable and form
                >>subscribes to it and calls BindingManager. EndCurrentEdit but would like
                >>to know if there's another way.
                >>>
                >>Thanks,
                >>>
                >>Vlado
                >>>
                >>>
                >>"RobinS" <RobinS@NoSpam. yah.nonewrote in message
                >>news:eOqdnQGu UNt2eibYnZ2dnUV Z_vKunZ2d@comca st.com...
                >>>Did you figure out the answer to this, or are you still hanging?
                >>>Because I have a pretty good idea, if you still need an answer...
                >>>>
                >>>Robin S.
                >>>---------------------------
                >>>"Vlado Jasovic" <vladoDOTjasovi cATexcelleincDO Tcomwrote in message
                >>>news:rpGdnY5 3H6YTjSfYnZ2dnU VZ_qunnZ2d@giga news.com...
                >>>>VB.Net 2005 and Datatable/TableAdapter.
                >>>>>
                >>>>"RobinS" <RobinS@NoSpam. yah.nonewrote in message
                >>>>news:9aWdnX sb8c_UoiTYnZ2dn UVZ_uuqnZ2d@com cast.com...
                >>>>>Which version of .Net are you using? 2003 or 2005?
                >>>>>>
                >>>>>Robin S.
                >>>>>------------------------
                >>>>>"Vlado Jasovic" <vladoDOTjasovi cATexcelleincDO Tcomwrote in message
                >>>>>news:4Ludn UybUJhDdiXYnZ2d nUVZ_uWlnZ2d@gi ganews.com...
                >>>>>>Hello,
                >>>>>>>
                >>>>>>I'm using typed dataset for databinding to windows controls and I'm
                >>>>>>having some problems.
                >>>>>>>
                >>>>>>I'm trying to move all business logic to datatable column_changing
                >>>>>>events and the problem that I'm having is when I change some other
                >>>>>>column, control value doesn't update immediately until I call
                >>>>>>endcurren tedit on bindingmanager which doesnt happen until user
                >>>>>>click update button.
                >>>>>>>
                >>>>>>Here's my problem:
                >>>>>>>
                >>>>>>Private Sub BusinessPartner DataTable_Colum nChanging(ByVal sender As
                >>>>>>System.Ob ject, ByVal e As System.Data.Dat aColumnChangeEv entArgs)
                >>>>>>Handles Me.ColumnChangi ng
                >>>>>>Select Case e.Column.Column Name
                >>>>>>>
                >>>>>>Case Me.dbaColumn.Co lumnName
                >>>>>>>
                >>>>>>Me(0).cat egoryID = "changed_column "
                >>>>>>>
                >>>>>>End Select
                >>>>>>>
                >>>>>>>
                >>>>>>End Sub
                >>>>>>>
                >>>>>>>
                >>>>>>Now, unerlying dataset.datatab le(0).categoryI D is indeed changed
                >>>>>>but databound textbox control remains the same.
                >>>>>>>
                >>>>>>>
                >>>>>>>
                >>>>>>How can I force databinding.upd ate from dataset/datatable?
                >>>>>>>
                >>>>>>>
                >>>>>>>
                >>>>>>Thanks,
                >>>>>>>
                >>>>>>>
                >>>>>>>
                >>>>>>Vlado
                >>>>>>>
                >>>>>>>
                >>>>>>
                >>>>>>
                >>>>>
                >>>>>
                >>>>
                >>>>
                >>>
                >>>
                >>
                >>
                >
                >

                Comment

                Working...