How to do COPY in VS2005

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Benson

    #1

    How to do COPY in VS2005

    Since there are many similar programs worked out, I want to copy a similar
    program (alreay work under form inheritance) to a new one so that I can
    change the new one quicker.
    It is not ok to copy under Windows Explorer.
    How can I do this in VS2005?

    Benson
    VS2005, VB2005


  • zacks@construction-imaging.com

    #2
    Re: How to do COPY in VS2005


    Benson wrote:
    Since there are many similar programs worked out, I want to copy a similar
    program (alreay work under form inheritance) to a new one so that I can
    change the new one quicker.
    It is not ok to copy under Windows Explorer.
    How can I do this in VS2005?
    >
    Benson
    VS2005, VB2005
    The only way I have figured out how to do it was to make a new project,
    copy all objects (forms, modules and classes) from the old project into
    the new project folder, then in the new project add each object with
    the add existing item menu item. The only caveat I am aware of is with
    2005, there are TWO files for each form, not just one like 2003 had.
    But you only add one, the form will come up automatically attached to
    both of them.

    Comment

    • Mythran

      #3
      Re: How to do COPY in VS2005



      <zacks@construc tion-imaging.comwrot e in message
      news:1169213066 .167780.157190@ 11g2000cwr.goog legroups.com...
      >
      Benson wrote:
      >Since there are many similar programs worked out, I want to copy a
      >similar
      >program (alreay work under form inheritance) to a new one so that I can
      >change the new one quicker.
      >It is not ok to copy under Windows Explorer.
      >How can I do this in VS2005?
      >>
      >Benson
      >VS2005, VB2005
      >
      The only way I have figured out how to do it was to make a new project,
      copy all objects (forms, modules and classes) from the old project into
      the new project folder, then in the new project add each object with
      the add existing item menu item. The only caveat I am aware of is with
      2005, there are TWO files for each form, not just one like 2003 had.
      But you only add one, the form will come up automatically attached to
      both of them.
      >
      Don't understand why you would use 'add existing item' ... once you copy the
      files to the new directory, you can activate 'show all files' and then
      select all the new files, right-click, and select 'include in project'.
      <shrug May be easier for you too :)

      hth,
      Mythran


      Comment

      • zacks@construction-imaging.com

        #4
        Re: How to do COPY in VS2005


        Mythran wrote:
        <zacks@construc tion-imaging.comwrot e in message
        news:1169213066 .167780.157190@ 11g2000cwr.goog legroups.com...

        Benson wrote:
        Since there are many similar programs worked out, I want to copy a
        similar
        program (alreay work under form inheritance) to a new one so that I can
        change the new one quicker.
        It is not ok to copy under Windows Explorer.
        How can I do this in VS2005?
        >
        Benson
        VS2005, VB2005
        The only way I have figured out how to do it was to make a new project,
        copy all objects (forms, modules and classes) from the old project into
        the new project folder, then in the new project add each object with
        the add existing item menu item. The only caveat I am aware of is with
        2005, there are TWO files for each form, not just one like 2003 had.
        But you only add one, the form will come up automatically attached to
        both of them.
        >
        Don't understand why you would use 'add existing item' ... once you copy the
        files to the new directory, you can activate 'show all files' and then
        select all the new files, right-click, and select 'include in project'.
        <shrug May be easier for you too :)
        After copying the objects from the first project to the new one, open
        the new project in VS. Right click on the project, move the mouse down
        to Add, and select Existing Item in the sub-menu.

        Comment

        • Mythran

          #5
          Re: How to do COPY in VS2005



          <zacks@construc tion-imaging.comwrot e in message
          news:1169227268 .785870.212450@ 11g2000cwr.goog legroups.com...
          >
          Mythran wrote:
          ><zacks@constru ction-imaging.comwrot e in message
          >news:116921306 6.167780.157190 @11g2000cwr.goo glegroups.com.. .
          >
          Benson wrote:
          >Since there are many similar programs worked out, I want to copy a
          >similar
          >program (alreay work under form inheritance) to a new one so that I
          >can
          >change the new one quicker.
          >It is not ok to copy under Windows Explorer.
          >How can I do this in VS2005?
          >>
          >Benson
          >VS2005, VB2005
          >
          The only way I have figured out how to do it was to make a new project,
          copy all objects (forms, modules and classes) from the old project into
          the new project folder, then in the new project add each object with
          the add existing item menu item. The only caveat I am aware of is with
          2005, there are TWO files for each form, not just one like 2003 had.
          But you only add one, the form will come up automatically attached to
          both of them.
          >
          >>
          >Don't understand why you would use 'add existing item' ... once you copy
          >the
          >files to the new directory, you can activate 'show all files' and then
          >select all the new files, right-click, and select 'include in project'.
          ><shrug May be easier for you too :)
          >
          After copying the objects from the first project to the new one, open
          the new project in VS. Right click on the project, move the mouse down
          to Add, and select Existing Item in the sub-menu.
          >
          Yes, I understand and know how to do that. What I'm saying though, is
          instead of using "Add Existing Item" you could just use "Include In Project"
          option when you activate the "Show All Files" for the project.

          Mythran


          Comment

          • Benson

            #6
            Re: How to do COPY in VS2005

            Thanks for advice.

            "Mythran" <kip_potter@hot mail.com>
            ???????:%23jzdb 5APHHA.2312@TK2 MSFTNGP04.phx.g bl...
            >
            >
            <zacks@construc tion-imaging.comwrot e in message
            news:1169227268 .785870.212450@ 11g2000cwr.goog legroups.com...
            >>
            >Mythran wrote:
            >><zacks@constr uction-imaging.comwrot e in message
            >>news:11692130 66.167780.15719 0@11g2000cwr.go oglegroups.com. ..
            >>
            >Benson wrote:
            >>Since there are many similar programs worked out, I want to copy a
            >>similar
            >>program (alreay work under form inheritance) to a new one so that I
            >>can
            >>change the new one quicker.
            >>It is not ok to copy under Windows Explorer.
            >>How can I do this in VS2005?
            >>>
            >>Benson
            >>VS2005, VB2005
            >>
            >The only way I have figured out how to do it was to make a new
            >project,
            >copy all objects (forms, modules and classes) from the old project
            >into
            >the new project folder, then in the new project add each object with
            >the add existing item menu item. The only caveat I am aware of is with
            >2005, there are TWO files for each form, not just one like 2003 had.
            >But you only add one, the form will come up automatically attached to
            >both of them.
            >>
            >>>
            >>Don't understand why you would use 'add existing item' ... once you copy
            >>the
            >>files to the new directory, you can activate 'show all files' and then
            >>select all the new files, right-click, and select 'include in project'.
            >><shrug May be easier for you too :)
            >>
            >After copying the objects from the first project to the new one, open
            >the new project in VS. Right click on the project, move the mouse down
            >to Add, and select Existing Item in the sub-menu.
            >>
            >
            Yes, I understand and know how to do that. What I'm saying though, is
            instead of using "Add Existing Item" you could just use "Include In
            Project" option when you activate the "Show All Files" for the project.
            >
            Mythran
            >
            >

            Comment

            Working...