Crystal Reports: long delay to open

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • nj609eagle@hotmail.com

    #1

    Crystal Reports: long delay to open

    Recently and without warning, a report that I was using in my VB.NET
    2003 application started to take 10 minutes to load.

    It also take thisamount of time to open in the deisgner. I'm using a
    ADO.NET XML file as the datasource, so there is no network traffic.
    Loking at the task manager, my CPU is low, and the memory isn't
    changing.

    I have two laptops and anyone off my network can open this report up
    without the long delay.

    I have tried to save it as a new name, make a change to the report and
    re-save it from both the computers that open it with and without the
    delay.

    We have turned off all Anti-virus services, MS indexing services, and
    anything else that might cause the computer to have a delay.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated

  • Goofy

    #2
    Re: Crystal Reports: long delay to open

    Sometimes they get corrupted. Is the report the other users are opening the
    same physical class that you are opening. Suggest you recreate with new name
    and test.


    <nj609eagle@hot mail.comwrote in message
    news:1166709486 .699833.325760@ i12g2000cwa.goo glegroups.com.. .
    Recently and without warning, a report that I was using in my VB.NET
    2003 application started to take 10 minutes to load.
    >
    It also take thisamount of time to open in the deisgner. I'm using a
    ADO.NET XML file as the datasource, so there is no network traffic.
    Loking at the task manager, my CPU is low, and the memory isn't
    changing.
    >
    I have two laptops and anyone off my network can open this report up
    without the long delay.
    >
    I have tried to save it as a new name, make a change to the report and
    re-save it from both the computers that open it with and without the
    delay.
    >
    We have turned off all Anti-virus services, MS indexing services, and
    anything else that might cause the computer to have a delay.
    >
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
    >

    Comment

    • nj609eagle@hotmail.com

      #3
      Re: Crystal Reports: long delay to open

      Yes, same physical file will open normally on some but not others.

      The network admin, has not pushed out any windows or other updates on
      or about the time this started failing.

      Goofy wrote:
      Sometimes they get corrupted. Is the report the other users are opening the
      same physical class that you are opening. Suggest you recreate with new name
      and test.
      >
      >
      <nj609eagle@hot mail.comwrote in message
      news:1166709486 .699833.325760@ i12g2000cwa.goo glegroups.com.. .
      Recently and without warning, a report that I was using in my VB.NET
      2003 application started to take 10 minutes to load.

      It also take thisamount of time to open in the deisgner. I'm using a
      ADO.NET XML file as the datasource, so there is no network traffic.
      Loking at the task manager, my CPU is low, and the memory isn't
      changing.

      I have two laptops and anyone off my network can open this report up
      without the long delay.

      I have tried to save it as a new name, make a change to the report and
      re-save it from both the computers that open it with and without the
      delay.

      We have turned off all Anti-virus services, MS indexing services, and
      anything else that might cause the computer to have a delay.

      Any help would be greatly appreciated

      Comment

      • Goofy

        #4
        Re: Crystal Reports: long delay to open

        One the 'Some' which open normally, it this consistent each time. IE can you
        repeat this operation say twenty times ?

        Are you running routed network subnets, and are the working ones on another
        subnet ? if so perhaps you are having routing issues.

        Finally if you have made no changes, and things have started to go wrong for
        some of you it is highly likely that there is something else afoot besides
        the report.


        <nj609eagle@hot mail.comwrote in message
        news:1166710640 .147496.119220@ a3g2000cwd.goog legroups.com...
        Yes, same physical file will open normally on some but not others.
        >
        The network admin, has not pushed out any windows or other updates on
        or about the time this started failing.
        >
        Goofy wrote:
        >Sometimes they get corrupted. Is the report the other users are opening
        >the
        >same physical class that you are opening. Suggest you recreate with new
        >name
        >and test.
        >>
        >>
        ><nj609eagle@ho tmail.comwrote in message
        >news:116670948 6.699833.325760 @i12g2000cwa.go oglegroups.com. ..
        Recently and without warning, a report that I was using in my VB.NET
        2003 application started to take 10 minutes to load.
        >
        It also take thisamount of time to open in the deisgner. I'm using a
        ADO.NET XML file as the datasource, so there is no network traffic.
        Loking at the task manager, my CPU is low, and the memory isn't
        changing.
        >
        I have two laptops and anyone off my network can open this report up
        without the long delay.
        >
        I have tried to save it as a new name, make a change to the report and
        re-save it from both the computers that open it with and without the
        delay.
        >
        We have turned off all Anti-virus services, MS indexing services, and
        anything else that might cause the computer to have a delay.
        >
        Any help would be greatly appreciated
        >
        >

        Comment

        Working...