communicate with Activesync? Can it be done?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • The Frog

    #1

    communicate with Activesync? Can it be done?

    Hi Everyone,

    I may be out of my depth here but I will ask anyway. Is it possible to
    communicate with Activesync, so that for example, I have a series of
    stored text files, and I want to push the data in these to maybe a Note
    in woindows CE / Mobile, or maybe enter them as an email in pocket
    outlook.

    This needs to be able to be done without using other programs / OLE
    automation on the host PC. The need is to be able to directly control /
    work through Activesync.

    Any ideas would be appreciated. Kind of hard to know where to start
    with this one (for me anyway).

    Cheers

    The Frog

  • Rad [Visual C# MVP]

    #2
    Re: communicate with Activesync? Can it be done?

    Check out the classes available on OpenNETCF.org ... I believe they
    have what you are looking for

    On 28 Nov 2006 07:25:45 -0800, "The Frog"
    <andrew.hogendi jk@eu.effem.com wrote:
    >Hi Everyone,
    >
    >I may be out of my depth here but I will ask anyway. Is it possible to
    >communicate with Activesync, so that for example, I have a series of
    >stored text files, and I want to push the data in these to maybe a Note
    >in woindows CE / Mobile, or maybe enter them as an email in pocket
    >outlook.
    >
    >This needs to be able to be done without using other programs / OLE
    >automation on the host PC. The need is to be able to directly control /
    >work through Activesync.
    >
    >Any ideas would be appreciated. Kind of hard to know where to start
    >with this one (for me anyway).
    >
    >Cheers
    >
    >The Frog
    --

    Bits.Bytes.

    Comment

    • Paul Bromley

      #3
      Re: communicate with Activesync? Can it be done?

      Hi Frog,

      I have not looked at this recently, but I did do something similar using
      Activesynch with VB6 a few years ago. Unfortunately I lost the source code.
      I do not think it was too difficult to do.

      Best wishes

      Paul Bromley



      "The Frog" <andrew.hogendi jk@eu.effem.com wrote in message
      news:1164727545 .813367.185970@ h54g2000cwb.goo glegroups.com.. .
      Hi Everyone,
      >
      I may be out of my depth here but I will ask anyway. Is it possible to
      communicate with Activesync, so that for example, I have a series of
      stored text files, and I want to push the data in these to maybe a Note
      in woindows CE / Mobile, or maybe enter them as an email in pocket
      outlook.
      >
      This needs to be able to be done without using other programs / OLE
      automation on the host PC. The need is to be able to directly control /
      work through Activesync.
      >
      Any ideas would be appreciated. Kind of hard to know where to start
      with this one (for me anyway).
      >
      Cheers
      >
      The Frog
      >

      Comment

      • Paul Bromley

        #4
        Re: communicate with Activesync? Can it be done?

        Sorry, re-read this and I see your difficulties now about getting data
        directly into textfiles.

        Best wishes

        Paul Bromley


        "The Frog" <andrew.hogendi jk@eu.effem.com wrote in message
        news:1164727545 .813367.185970@ h54g2000cwb.goo glegroups.com.. .
        Hi Everyone,
        >
        I may be out of my depth here but I will ask anyway. Is it possible to
        communicate with Activesync, so that for example, I have a series of
        stored text files, and I want to push the data in these to maybe a Note
        in woindows CE / Mobile, or maybe enter them as an email in pocket
        outlook.
        >
        This needs to be able to be done without using other programs / OLE
        automation on the host PC. The need is to be able to directly control /
        work through Activesync.
        >
        Any ideas would be appreciated. Kind of hard to know where to start
        with this one (for me anyway).
        >
        Cheers
        >
        The Frog
        >

        Comment

        • The Frog

          #5
          Re: communicate with Activesync? Can it be done?

          Thanks for the suggestions guys, i will give the c# libraries a try and
          see how far I can get. It looks like it will be fairly complex to do,
          but worth a try I think.

          Thankyou both for your help.

          Cheers

          The Frog

          Comment

          Working...