FileType Icons

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Stuman

    #1

    FileType Icons

    >From a previous message that I am unable to reply to, here it is again
    From: Steve Podradchik - view profile
    Date: Wed, Mar 5 2003 4:29 am
    Email: "Steve Podradchik" <StevePodradc.. .@hotmail.com>

    Hi,

    Anyone know how to embed more than one icon in an .exe such that it
    can be
    used as a filetype icon? In other words, I want to associate
    custom
    filetypes with my app but have them use a slightly different icon
    than the
    application itself (ala Excel, for example, where the spreadsheet
    icon is
    partially like Excel itself but with differences to show it's a
    spreadsheet
    not a macro or template)? While I can use the resource compiler to
    add
    multiple icons to my EXE, the .Net Setup tools don't seem to 'see'
    any but
    the primary application icon when I browse the Exe. Alternately,
    does
    anyone know a way to associate an icon with a .DLL? The icon
    property in
    the property sheet for a .DLL is disabled.
    Thanks, Steve

    This is exactly what I am trying to do. I have the 1 application (exe)
    that generates 2 different types of text based files with 2 different
    file extenstions .raw & .frp. I would like the icons associated with
    these extensions to be different. How can I do this?
    Thanks
    Stuman

Working...