XML Error associated with mscoree.dll

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • DSnyder

    #1

    XML Error associated with mscoree.dll

    A solution I have created consists of a .dll to interface with ESRI's
    ArcMap application as well as two executables, an XML document
    (AddPLSS.xml) and an install package. It compiles and installs without
    any problems, but when I try to open ArcMap, I get the following error:

    XML Error: The system cannot locate the resource specified. In
    (failed) mscoree.dll/AddPLSS.xml.

    The XML file itself seems to be included in the .dll and the install
    package. It ends up in the right place on the client machine. In
    fact, this application was working well until fairly recently. I did
    add one of the executables to the solution, but I never changed
    anything related to the XML file.

    I cannot find any reference to this specific error anywhere via Google
    or MSDN. Hopefully somebody somewhere has seen this sort of thing
    before.

    Thanks,

    David Snyder
    Resource Data, Inc.
    Anchorage, Alaska

  • DSnyder

    #2
    Re: XML Error associated with mscoree.dll


    The XML really wasn't being located as it turned out, which was
    somewhat implied by the error, but in a completely unintelligible
    manner. Oddly, prior to fixing the root cause of the error, I was able
    to get rid of the error message by completely cleaning out all entries
    related to my application in the registry. Not a recommended thing to
    do, but I was able to debug it properly after getting rid of the error
    message.

    David

    Comment

    Working...