I am new to VB.Net and obviously missing so key ingredient to solve this
problem.
I have a windows form that connects to a Firebird DB with a typical
customer - order - orderitems setup in three tables with relationships setup
for master-child.
For the display I have some databound text boxes and DataGridViews connected
to TableAdapters.
In the OnLoad event of the form I do a TableAdapter.Fi ll(.. for each of the
tables.
The OrderItems table has over 1 million rows. When I open the program in
debug mode it takes several minutes to initialize. If I do not Fill the
OrderItems table the time shortens significantly.
I assume that the program is load ALL of the records from the OrderItems
table. I only intend to query the ones for the particular Order that is
showing.
How do I set this up so I am only fetching the relevent records that are for
the relationship setup between the tables?
TIA
Rick
problem.
I have a windows form that connects to a Firebird DB with a typical
customer - order - orderitems setup in three tables with relationships setup
for master-child.
For the display I have some databound text boxes and DataGridViews connected
to TableAdapters.
In the OnLoad event of the form I do a TableAdapter.Fi ll(.. for each of the
tables.
The OrderItems table has over 1 million rows. When I open the program in
debug mode it takes several minutes to initialize. If I do not Fill the
OrderItems table the time shortens significantly.
I assume that the program is load ALL of the records from the OrderItems
table. I only intend to query the ones for the particular Order that is
showing.
How do I set this up so I am only fetching the relevent records that are for
the relationship setup between the tables?
TIA
Rick