How To create fixed column formatting

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • terry

    #1

    How To create fixed column formatting

    Dear Colleagues

    I am trying to create a field with a fixed column format.

    In VB6 I would:

    Dim Field1 as string * 2
    Dim Field2 as string * 4
    Dim Field3 as string * 2

    for a field with fixed column, 8 chars in width.

    How do I do this in VB.NET 2003??
    --
    Thanks, Terry
  • tomb

    #2
    Re: How To create fixed column formatting

    Do you not have online help with your version?

    VBFixedString(1 5)Public FirstName As String

    Tom

    terry wrote:
    >Dear Colleagues
    >
    >I am trying to create a field with a fixed column format.
    >
    >In VB6 I would:
    >
    >Dim Field1 as string * 2
    >Dim Field2 as string * 4
    >Dim Field3 as string * 2
    >
    >for a field with fixed column, 8 chars in width.
    >
    >How do I do this in VB.NET 2003??
    >
    >

    Comment

    • terry

      #3
      Re: How To create fixed column formatting

      Tomb

      Yes, I searched the help and didn't find the answer. Anyway, thanks for
      your post.
      --
      Thanks, Terry


      "tomb" wrote:
      Do you not have online help with your version?
      >
      VBFixedString(1 5)Public FirstName As String
      >
      Tom
      >
      terry wrote:
      >
      Dear Colleagues

      I am trying to create a field with a fixed column format.

      In VB6 I would:

      Dim Field1 as string * 2
      Dim Field2 as string * 4
      Dim Field3 as string * 2

      for a field with fixed column, 8 chars in width.

      How do I do this in VB.NET 2003??
      >

      Comment

      Working...