Service not going to 'Started'

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • minoad

    #1

    Service not going to 'Started'

    I have written a program that runs perfectly. I converted this to a
    service. Upon starting the service, it will stay indefinantly on
    "Starting" and never move to "Started". The wierd thing here is that
    the service runs perfectly even though it says starting. Any ideas why
    a service would nevere move to started, yet still runs exactly as it
    should?

    Thanks

    Micah A. Norman

  • Spam Catcher

    #2
    Re: Service not going to 'Started'

    "minoad" <minoad@gmail.c omwrote in news:1158514217 .125403.115880
    @i3g2000cwc.goo glegroups.com:
    I have written a program that runs perfectly. I converted this to a
    service. Upon starting the service, it will stay indefinantly on
    "Starting" and never move to "Started". The wierd thing here is that
    the service runs perfectly even though it says starting. Any ideas why
    a service would nevere move to started, yet still runs exactly as it
    should?
    Did you place all your code into the On Starting Event?

    Rather start a new thread, or use a timer... rather than looping inside the
    onstarting event.

    A service "starts" after the on starting event completes.

    Comment

    • minoad

      #3
      Re: Service not going to 'Started'

      No, but i did place the refrence to my 'Start' procedure.

      Micah A. Norman

      Comment

      • Terry Olsen

        #4
        Re: Service not going to 'Started'

        I always use a sub called "StartMyService " or something similar to place all
        my code. Then in the OnStart event, I either start a timer to call
        StartMyService, or use
        System.Threadin g.Threadpool.Qu eueUserWorkItem (AddressOf StartMyService)

        "minoad" <minoad@gmail.c omwrote in message
        news:1158519330 .606468.149780@ k70g2000cwa.goo glegroups.com.. .
        No, but i did place the refrence to my 'Start' procedure.
        >
        Micah A. Norman
        >

        Comment

        • minoad

          #5
          Re: Service not going to 'Started'

          Thank you very much, the queue did the trick.

          Micah A. Norman

          Comment

          Working...