gradient titlebar in vbdotnet

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ammu

    #1

    gradient titlebar in vbdotnet

    hi everybody! does anyone know how to get a gradient titlebar in
    vbdotnet app...?
    pls help. thanks in advance.

  • Sneha Menon

    #2
    Re: gradient titlebar in vbdotnet


    Ammu wrote:
    hi everybody! does anyone know how to get a gradient titlebar in
    vbdotnet app...?
    pls help. thanks in advance.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello Ammu,

    This is something I found. Not sure whether it will work in dotnet or
    not.
    I think this is vb6.0 stuff

    Anyway have a look (I havent checked it myself)



    I have something really simple. Only 4-5 lines of code
    But that also VB 6 stuff.

    Regards.

    Sneha (India)
    spiderangelo@gm ail.com

    Comment

    • Sneha Menon

      #3
      Re: gradient titlebar in vbdotnet

      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Hello Ammu,
      I thought you can use this. Only a picture box. So I think it will
      work in dotnet also.
      If it does not you shall try modifying it.

      Code------------------------
      Private Sub Command1_Click( )
      Picture1.ScaleM ode = vbPixels
      Picture1.DrawWi dth = 3
      For i = 1 To 765
      Picture1.Line (i, Picture1.ScaleH eight)-(i, 0), RGB(0, 0, Int(i / 3))
      Next i
      Picture1.ScaleM ode = vbTwips
      End Sub

      --------------------------------------

      In the above example I have used a Picture box
      width 10400 twips and height 375

      Autoredraw should be set to true
      Border style fixed single and
      Appearance -Flat

      The measurements of the pic doesnt matter.
      Again, you can try changing the RGB values

      for i=1 to 765...
      is it clear to you? See I have used the Blue Value in RGB as
      i/3. So the maximum value of BLue will be 765 /3 that is 255

      Let me know If you need further help.
      But remember I use only VB 6

      Regards.

      Sneha (India)
      spiderangelo@gm ail.com

      Comment

      • Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

        #4
        Re: gradient titlebar in vbdotnet

        "Ammu" <prabha1912@gma il.comschrieb:
        hi everybody! does anyone know how to get a gradient titlebar in
        vbdotnet app...?

        Hm... At least on some color settings forms have a gradient in the titlebar
        by default.

        --
        M S Herfried K. Wagner
        M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
        V B <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/dotnet/faqs/>

        Comment

        • Ammu

          #5
          Re: gradient titlebar in vbdotnet


          Sneha Menon wrote:
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Hello Ammu,
          I thought you can use this. Only a picture box. So I think it will
          work in dotnet also.
          If it does not you shall try modifying it.
          >
          Code------------------------
          Private Sub Command1_Click( )
          Picture1.ScaleM ode = vbPixels
          Picture1.DrawWi dth = 3
          For i = 1 To 765
          Picture1.Line (i, Picture1.ScaleH eight)-(i, 0), RGB(0, 0, Int(i / 3))
          Next i
          Picture1.ScaleM ode = vbTwips
          End Sub
          >
          --------------------------------------
          >
          In the above example I have used a Picture box
          width 10400 twips and height 375
          >
          Autoredraw should be set to true
          Border style fixed single and
          Appearance -Flat
          >
          The measurements of the pic doesnt matter.
          Again, you can try changing the RGB values
          >
          for i=1 to 765...
          is it clear to you? See I have used the Blue Value in RGB as
          i/3. So the maximum value of BLue will be 765 /3 that is 255
          >
          Let me know If you need further help.
          But remember I use only VB 6
          >
          Regards.
          >
          Sneha (India)
          spiderangelo@gm ail.com
          hi Sneha!
          First of all,thank u for ur quick response!i ve already tried the
          codings found in that website.it doesnt work with dotnet when i upgrade
          the code from vb,but still works with vb.

          Next thing,i could nt use picture box control for fake titlebar
          look,since it conflicts with my custom menubar ( position) settings in
          the form. i need some api programming codes to give a my app titlebar,
          a gradient look especially in vbdotnet.

          i do ve vb codes for gradient titlebar,but none of them working when
          upgraded to vbdotnet .


          let m know if there is any way to do that? please.....


          thank u ! take care

          Comment

          • Sneha Menon

            #6
            Re: gradient titlebar in vbdotnet


            Ammu wrote:
            let m know if there is any way to do that? please.....
            >
            >
            -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Hi Ammu

            A little confused.

            In the beginning, when you asked for a gradient title bar, I had the
            impression you were using a borderless form. Now it seems you are not.

            If you are using a regular form with menu bar and all, the default
            title bar also will be there. Then what you want actually? Change the
            colors of the default title bar?

            I think I am missing some point.

            If you can tell me what it is exactly, may be I can point you in the
            right direction.

            Best Regards Ammu.

            Sneha (India)
            spiderangelo@gm ail.com
            -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

            Comment

            • Ammu

              #7
              Re: gradient titlebar in vbdotnet


              Sneha Menon wrote:
              Ammu wrote:
              >
              let m know if there is any way to do that? please.....
              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Hi Ammu
              >
              A little confused.
              >
              In the beginning, when you asked for a gradient title bar, I had the
              impression you were using a borderless form. Now it seems you are not.
              >
              If you are using a regular form with menu bar and all, the default
              title bar also will be there. Then what you want actually? Change the
              colors of the default title bar?
              >
              I think I am missing some point.
              >
              If you can tell me what it is exactly, may be I can point you in the
              right direction.
              >
              Best Regards Ammu.
              >
              Sneha (India)
              spiderangelo@gm ail.com
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              hi Sneha!

              i wanna to change my application's default titlebar's color ! i like to
              give a gradient look to my titlebar with gray and whitesmoke colors .

              i already made my application gui with a metallic gray gradient
              look(including menu bar and all) except titlebar.i am just trying to
              change my titlebar's color .

              regards
              Ammu

              Comment

              • Sneha Menon

                #8
                Re: gradient titlebar in vbdotnet


                Ammu wrote:
                i wanna to change my application's default titlebar's color ! i like to
                give a gradient look to my titlebar with gray and whitesmoke colors .
                -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Hi Ammu

                Here I am stumped! I could not remember coming accross such a code
                Item. I wont be of any help on these line.

                All the same, these are some thoughts...

                I doubt the outcome of the exercise. The standard Form is almost always
                at the mercy or otherwise of the end user. For example, The standard
                Form extensively depends on the System/OS settings. If we prefer the
                cool, sober, rectangular appearance and incorporate the same in our
                forms, calamity is still only one or two clicks away. As long as the
                user also has the same taste, we win. On the other hand, if he switches
                to Windows XP style? Our hard work goes awry.

                If you are a developer with an aesthetic bend as the case seems to be,
                I would suggest Custom forms itself. Of course, you have to take care
                of everything, The backGround color/Picture, Icon, Title Bar
                Color/appearance, Minimize/Maximize/Close buttons, Caption, resizing
                issues everything. But that is worth the effort. What ever the whim and
                fancy of the user, your form remains the same.

                And again, that is NOT a difficult task as it sounds. It is very easy
                to Create custom forms with all the features of the standard form and
                more. You can create forms of any shape.

                If you need it, I am in a position to give you all the guidance in this
                line and related graphic issues.

                Once again, I am in VB 6. Translating my guidance into dotnet
                compatibility would be your headache.

                Anyway, I will watch this thread.

                Sorry, I could not help you in the current strategy

                Regards

                Sneha (India)
                spiderangelo@gm ail.com

                Comment

                • gene kelley

                  #9
                  Re: gradient titlebar in vbdotnet

                  On 13 Sep 2006 23:03:40 -0700, "Ammu" <prabha1912@gma il.comwrote:
                  >
                  >Sneha Menon wrote:
                  >Ammu wrote:
                  >>
                  let m know if there is any way to do that? please.....
                  >
                  >
                  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  >Hi Ammu
                  >>
                  >A little confused.
                  >>
                  >In the beginning, when you asked for a gradient title bar, I had the
                  >impression you were using a borderless form. Now it seems you are not.
                  >>
                  >If you are using a regular form with menu bar and all, the default
                  >title bar also will be there. Then what you want actually? Change the
                  >colors of the default title bar?
                  >>
                  >I think I am missing some point.
                  >>
                  >If you can tell me what it is exactly, may be I can point you in the
                  >right direction.
                  >>
                  >Best Regards Ammu.
                  >>
                  >Sneha (India)
                  >spiderangelo@gm ail.com
                  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  >
                  >hi Sneha!
                  >
                  >i wanna to change my application's default titlebar's color ! i like to
                  >give a gradient look to my titlebar with gray and whitesmoke colors .
                  >
                  >i already made my application gui with a metallic gray gradient
                  >look(includi ng menu bar and all) except titlebar.i am just trying to
                  >change my titlebar's color .
                  >
                  >regards
                  >Ammu
                  What you are trying to do is commonly called skinning a form. You might try a
                  google search for VB.Net skin or skinning.

                  You can also use a thrid party control to do this:


                  Gene

                  Comment

                  • Ammu

                    #10
                    Re: gradient titlebar in vbdotnet


                    Sneha Menon wrote:
                    Ammu wrote:
                    i wanna to change my application's default titlebar's color ! i like to
                    give a gradient look to my titlebar with gray and whitesmoke colors .
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Hi Ammu
                    >
                    Here I am stumped! I could not remember coming accross such a code
                    Item. I wont be of any help on these line.
                    >
                    All the same, these are some thoughts...
                    >
                    I doubt the outcome of the exercise. The standard Form is almost always
                    at the mercy or otherwise of the end user. For example, The standard
                    Form extensively depends on the System/OS settings. If we prefer the
                    cool, sober, rectangular appearance and incorporate the same in our
                    forms, calamity is still only one or two clicks away. As long as the
                    user also has the same taste, we win. On the other hand, if he switches
                    to Windows XP style? Our hard work goes awry.
                    >
                    If you are a developer with an aesthetic bend as the case seems to be,
                    I would suggest Custom forms itself. Of course, you have to take care
                    of everything, The backGround color/Picture, Icon, Title Bar
                    Color/appearance, Minimize/Maximize/Close buttons, Caption, resizing
                    issues everything. But that is worth the effort. What ever the whim and
                    fancy of the user, your form remains the same.
                    >
                    And again, that is NOT a difficult task as it sounds. It is very easy
                    to Create custom forms with all the features of the standard form and
                    more. You can create forms of any shape.
                    >
                    If you need it, I am in a position to give you all the guidance in this
                    line and related graphic issues.
                    >
                    Once again, I am in VB 6. Translating my guidance into dotnet
                    compatibility would be your headache.
                    >
                    Anyway, I will watch this thread.
                    >
                    Sorry, I could not help you in the current strategy
                    >
                    Regards
                    >
                    Sneha (India)
                    spiderangelo@gm ail.com

                    Hi Sneha! thank u for ur timely reply ,sweety.i m very much interested
                    in knowing of custom forms creation .if u could help me,i would be
                    grateful to u.

                    As of now,i know to create forms of different shapes using gdi+
                    techniques in vbdotnet.Ayway translating ur vb graphics guidances into
                    vbdotnet techniques would be my problem as u mentioned .

                    i really interested in exploring these techniques,Anyw ay i ll take care
                    of those issues and u ll take care of u my friend.

                    regards
                    Ammu

                    Comment

                    • Sneha Menon

                      #11
                      Re: gradient titlebar in vbdotnet


                      Hi Ammu

                      I had been away from my PC for a while

                      I am only glad to help you out.

                      Please throw in a query in vb general discussion also. This is a
                      dotnet group and people here may not like it if I talk too much VB6.

                      To get started, I would like to know some trivia like..
                      ...Do you use Photoshop? (Any Version)..
                      ...If the answer is NO, still, is Photoshop installed on your PC? (It
                      can happen, if you share your PC with colleagues or siblings)
                      ...Are you comfortable at using (VB6) Resource File/Editor?
                      ...Do you use (VB6) Imagelist control?

                      You see, these info is important, otherwise I will be wasting my time
                      describing things you already knew, or I might skip out things you have
                      no much idea about. Once I get this, I can use the apt phrasing or
                      level of language.

                      Still, Here and there I will use some Beginner-level language so that
                      other people who use the group shall also benefit.

                      Regards Ammu.

                      Sneha (India)
                      spiderangelo@gm ail.com
                      -----------------------------------------------------------------------

                      Comment

                      Working...