Edit and Continue

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Tom McL.

    #1

    Edit and Continue

    I am using VS 2005 and I am having trouble with being able to edit and
    continue while in the debug mode. This was not a problem earlier but
    something has change.

    I have checked the following settings in options:

    <tools><options ><debugging><ed it and continueis check but I am still
    unable to enter code in the code editor.

    I receive the following:

    “Cannot currently modify this text in the editor. It is read-only.”

    Thanks

    Tom


  • Phill W.

    #2
    Re: Edit and Continue

    Tom McL. wrote:
    I am using VS 2005 and I am having trouble with being able to edit and
    continue while in the debug mode.
    .. . .
    “Cannot currently modify this text in the editor. It is read-only.”
    You don't say what sort of application you're debugging.

    Edit and Continue does not work with ASP.Net, nor with any application
    to which you have to /attach/ the debugger, e.g. a Windows Service.

    Form's app's and Console app's is about the limit of it.

    Regards,
    Phill W.

    Comment

    • Tom McL.

      #3
      Re: Edit and Continue

      Phill,

      It is a Form Application.


      Comment

      Working...