How do you set file permissions?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Patrick Dugan

    #1

    How do you set file permissions?


    I want to be able to programatically set files permissions for specific
    users.

    For example I want to add the user "IWAM_MachineNa me" to the file "xyz.txt"
    and give that user "Read and Execute" or "Full Control"

    Can someone provide a simple example of how to accomplish that?

    Thanks,
    Patrick Dugan


  • Patrick Dugan

    #2
    Re: How do you set file permissions?

    Nevermind, I finally located an example here:
    http://home.hot.rr.com/graye/Article...ermissions.htm


    "Patrick Dugan" <patrick.dugan@ usnetNOSMORESPA Mcomcorp.comwro te in message
    news:eyqdA$KtGH A.3324@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...
    >
    I want to be able to programatically set files permissions for specific
    users.
    >
    For example I want to add the user "IWAM_MachineNa me" to the file
    "xyz.txt" and give that user "Read and Execute" or "Full Control"
    >
    Can someone provide a simple example of how to accomplish that?
    >
    Thanks,
    Patrick Dugan
    >
    >

    Comment

    Working...