devenv command line

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wandii

    #1

    devenv command line

    Hi,
    I've been working with devenv from the command line for the last
    couple of days and cannot
    get to build the msi file correctly. if I excecute the devenv.exe via
    the command line or batch file
    it creates a .msi file with 5k size, however, if I build my solution
    via the IDE then I get a correct .msi with 9MB. I am using the devenv
    in a batch file as follow:

    @set projdir=E:\netp roject
    ....
    %denenvdir%\dev env.exe %projdir%\Testp roject.sln /build debug /project
    setupproject /out "c:\temp\setup. msi"

    I tried changing the solutionconfig to "release" still creates a msi
    file with 5k. I am sure someone out there has encountered this problem
    with devenv. Can anyone give me an idea/sample please how to build a
    msi via the command line, thanks in advance.

    Regards

  • wandii

    #2
    Re: devenv command line

    Nevermind, I figured it out. Had to do with the output msi file.


    wandii wrote:
    Hi,
    I've been working with devenv from the command line for the last
    couple of days and cannot
    get to build the msi file correctly. if I excecute the devenv.exe via
    the command line or batch file
    it creates a .msi file with 5k size, however, if I build my solution
    via the IDE then I get a correct .msi with 9MB. I am using the devenv
    in a batch file as follow:
    >
    @set projdir=E:\netp roject
    ...
    %denenvdir%\dev env.exe %projdir%\Testp roject.sln /build debug /project
    setupproject /out "c:\temp\setup. msi"
    >
    I tried changing the solutionconfig to "release" still creates a msi
    file with 5k. I am sure someone out there has encountered this problem
    with devenv. Can anyone give me an idea/sample please how to build a
    msi via the command line, thanks in advance.
    >
    Regards

    Comment

    Working...