Problem with two version of program in one code and class referenc

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Krich

    #1

    Problem with two version of program in one code and class referenc

    I am working on one project but it has 2 version(A and B). In version B, its
    function is the same as in version A, except there is some extend function
    that will reference one class ( .dll file), for example C.dll.

    What I want is when compile version A, the exe file will not has C.dll as
    its reference? Can VB.NET do that?
  • tommaso.gastaldi@uniroma1.it

    #2
    Re: Problem with two version of program in one code and class referenc

    hi Krich, what do you mean " is the same as in version A". If they are
    the same
    would require same references. It's not clear, can you produce a
    simplified code?

    Also consider revising your code organization, I have some impression
    you are calling
    for future troubles...

    -tom

    Krich ha scritto:
    I am working on one project but it has 2 version(A and B). In version B, its
    function is the same as in version A, except there is some extend function
    that will reference one class ( .dll file), for example C.dll.
    >
    What I want is when compile version A, the exe file will not has C.dll as
    its reference? Can VB.NET do that?

    Comment

    • jeff

      #3
      Re: Problem with two version of program in one code and class referenc


      and the future is now.


      <tommaso.gastal di@uniroma1.itw rote in message
      news:1153394958 .343064.318720@ i42g2000cwa.goo glegroups.com.. .
      hi Krich, what do you mean " is the same as in version A". If they are
      the same
      would require same references. It's not clear, can you produce a
      simplified code?
      >
      Also consider revising your code organization, I have some impression
      you are calling
      for future troubles...
      >
      -tom
      >
      Krich ha scritto:
      >
      >I am working on one project but it has 2 version(A and B). In version B,
      >its
      >function is the same as in version A, except there is some extend
      >function
      >that will reference one class ( .dll file), for example C.dll.
      >>
      >What I want is when compile version A, the exe file will not has C.dll as
      >its reference? Can VB.NET do that?
      >

      Comment

      • Phill W.

        #4
        Re: Problem with two version of program in one code and class referenc

        Krich wrote:
        I am working on one project but it has 2 version(A and B). In version B, its
        function is the same as in version A, except there is some extend function
        that will reference one class ( .dll file), for example C.dll.
        >
        What I want is when compile version A, the exe file will not has C.dll as
        its reference? Can VB.NET do that?
        No.
        The references are held in the Project File and this can't contain
        Conditional Compilation directives like the Source code can so
        "conditiona lly" removing a reference can't be done.

        Does this actually matter?
        I don't think so.

        Since .Net programs are "compiled" on a /per-method/ basis at run-time,
        having the reference there /shouldn't/ matter. It's only if your code
        actually uses anything in the referenced assembly that things will go
        wrong. With Conditional Compilation directives around the code you want
        to exclude, the extra reference will simply be ignored.

        If you /really/ feel the need to remove the reference in the cut-down
        version, you'll need to set up parallel Solution and Project files (both
        using the same source code) and comple each version separately.

        HTH,
        Phill W.

        Comment

        Working...