Icons for explorer app depending on OS

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • news.microsoft.com

    #1

    Icons for explorer app depending on OS

    Hello,

    I'm writing an explorer kind of application.

    How can I extract icons for a specific type of OS?

    for example the icon for 'My Computer' looks different on Windows 2000 then
    on Windows XP.

    Is there any way to fetch them through code (which I prefer)?
    Or is the only solution to make 2 different ImageList. And if so where can I
    find the Icons? Perhaps in a dll?

    I'm interrested in:
    Desktop, My Computer, Network Places, Recycle Bin, Drives, Folders, ...


    Thanks.


  • GhostInAK

    #2
    Re: Icons for explorer app depending on OS

    Hello news.microsoft. com,

    Look up how to talk to the system imagelist.

    -Boo
    [color=blue]
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm writing an explorer kind of application.
    >
    > How can I extract icons for a specific type of OS?
    >
    > for example the icon for 'My Computer' looks different on Windows 2000
    > then on Windows XP.
    >
    > Is there any way to fetch them through code (which I prefer)?
    > Or is the only solution to make 2 different ImageList. And if so where
    > can I
    > find the Icons? Perhaps in a dll?
    > I'm interrested in:
    > Desktop, My Computer, Network Places, Recycle Bin, Drives, Folders,
    > ...
    > Thanks.
    >[/color]


    Comment

    • news.microsoft.com

      #3
      Re: Icons for explorer app depending on OS

      I've tried but it doesn't seem to talk back

      "GhostInAK" <ghostinak@gmai l.com> wrote in message
      news:be1391bfc8 de8c8697c93b9a5 83@news.microso ft.com...[color=blue]
      > Hello news.microsoft. com,
      >
      > Look up how to talk to the system imagelist.
      >
      > -Boo
      >[color=green]
      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > I'm writing an explorer kind of application.
      > >
      > > How can I extract icons for a specific type of OS?
      > >
      > > for example the icon for 'My Computer' looks different on Windows 2000
      > > then on Windows XP.
      > >
      > > Is there any way to fetch them through code (which I prefer)?
      > > Or is the only solution to make 2 different ImageList. And if so where
      > > can I
      > > find the Icons? Perhaps in a dll?
      > > I'm interrested in:
      > > Desktop, My Computer, Network Places, Recycle Bin, Drives, Folders,
      > > ...
      > > Thanks.
      > >[/color]
      >
      >[/color]


      Comment

      • GhostInAK

        #4
        Re: Icons for explorer app depending on OS

        Hello news.microsoft. com,



        -Boo
        [color=blue]
        > I've tried but it doesn't seem to talk back
        >
        > "GhostInAK" <ghostinak@gmai l.com> wrote in message
        > news:be1391bfc8 de8c8697c93b9a5 83@news.microso ft.com...
        >[color=green]
        >> Hello news.microsoft. com,
        >>
        >> Look up how to talk to the system imagelist.
        >>
        >> -Boo
        >>[color=darkred]
        >>> Hello,
        >>>
        >>> I'm writing an explorer kind of application.
        >>>
        >>> How can I extract icons for a specific type of OS?
        >>>
        >>> for example the icon for 'My Computer' looks different on Windows
        >>> 2000 then on Windows XP.
        >>>
        >>> Is there any way to fetch them through code (which I prefer)?
        >>> Or is the only solution to make 2 different ImageList. And if so
        >>> where
        >>> can I
        >>> find the Icons? Perhaps in a dll?
        >>> I'm interrested in:
        >>> Desktop, My Computer, Network Places, Recycle Bin, Drives, Folders,
        >>> ...
        >>> Thanks.[/color][/color][/color]


        Comment

        Working...