Launch new instance of IE??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Brad Melendy

    #1

    Launch new instance of IE??

    Hi,
    How can I launch a new instance of IE from VB.net 2005? Currently, I am
    using System.Diagnost ics.Process.Sta rt to open a URL but it always takes
    control of an existing instance of the web browser. I've tried specifying
    the full path and executable name of IEXPLORE.EXE but when I do so, I just
    get an error. Thanks for any suggestions.

    ....Brad


  • Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

    #2
    Re: Launch new instance of IE??

    "Brad Melendy" <brad@emp.state .or.us> schrieb:[color=blue]
    > How can I launch a new instance of IE from VB.net 2005? Currently, I am
    > using System.Diagnost ics.Process.Sta rt to open a URL but it always takes
    > control of an existing instance of the web browser. I've tried specifying
    > the full path and executable name of IEXPLORE.EXE but when I do so, I just
    > get an error.[/color]

    Which error? Please post the complete error message.

    <URL:http://groups.google.d e/group/microsoft.publi c.dotnet.langua ges.vb/msg/14b84f389d055d2 b>

    --
    M S Herfried K. Wagner
    M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
    V B <URL:http://classicvb.org/petition/>

    Comment

    • Brad Melendy

      #3
      Re: Launch new instance of IE??

      Thanks so much, the link you provided worked great! The error was rather
      generic and when I clicked on DETAILS it just had a bunch of low lever
      system stuff I couldn't understand. Thanks again!

      "Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]" <hirf-spam-me-here@gmx.at> wrote in message
      news:OwwCmH9iGH A.4512@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
      > "Brad Melendy" <brad@emp.state .or.us> schrieb:[color=green]
      >> How can I launch a new instance of IE from VB.net 2005? Currently, I am
      >> using System.Diagnost ics.Process.Sta rt to open a URL but it always takes
      >> control of an existing instance of the web browser. I've tried
      >> specifying the full path and executable name of IEXPLORE.EXE but when I
      >> do so, I just get an error.[/color]
      >
      > Which error? Please post the complete error message.
      >
      > <URL:http://groups.google.d e/group/microsoft.publi c.dotnet.langua ges.vb/msg/14b84f389d055d2 b>
      >
      > --
      > M S Herfried K. Wagner
      > M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
      > V B <URL:http://classicvb.org/petition/>[/color]


      Comment

      • Cor Ligthert [MVP]

        #4
        Re: Launch new instance of IE??

        Brad,

        I am not so glad with this message from Herfried, it was a part of a
        discussion, now it stands there if my message is corrected by Herfried and
        stand there on its own.

        See here the complete discussion thread.



        It started with an answer from Ken which was more than enough as answer to
        the question. (Ken forgot the quotes but that was obvious in my idea.)

        Cor



        "Brad Melendy" <brad@emp.state .or.us> schreef in bericht
        news:eJmqTw9iGH A.3496@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...[color=blue]
        > Thanks so much, the link you provided worked great! The error was rather
        > generic and when I clicked on DETAILS it just had a bunch of low lever
        > system stuff I couldn't understand. Thanks again!
        >
        > "Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]" <hirf-spam-me-here@gmx.at> wrote in message
        > news:OwwCmH9iGH A.4512@TK2MSFTN GP04.phx.gbl...[color=green]
        >> "Brad Melendy" <brad@emp.state .or.us> schrieb:[color=darkred]
        >>> How can I launch a new instance of IE from VB.net 2005? Currently, I am
        >>> using System.Diagnost ics.Process.Sta rt to open a URL but it always takes
        >>> control of an existing instance of the web browser. I've tried
        >>> specifying the full path and executable name of IEXPLORE.EXE but when I
        >>> do so, I just get an error.[/color]
        >>
        >> Which error? Please post the complete error message.
        >>
        >> <URL:http://groups.google.d e/group/microsoft.publi c.dotnet.langua ges.vb/msg/14b84f389d055d2 b>
        >>
        >> --
        >> M S Herfried K. Wagner
        >> M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
        >> V B <URL:http://classicvb.org/petition/>[/color]
        >
        >[/color]


        Comment

        • Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]

          #5
          Re: Launch new instance of IE??

          "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" <notmyfirstname @planet.nl> schrieb:[color=blue]
          > I am not so glad with this message from Herfried, it was a part of a
          > discussion, now it stands there if my message is corrected by Herfried and
          > stand there on its own.[/color]

          Huh?! My answer perfectly solves the OP's problem, so I don't see where you
          are seeing the problem...

          --
          M S Herfried K. Wagner
          M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
          V B <URL:http://classicvb.org/petition/>

          Comment

          • Mythran

            #6
            Re: Launch new instance of IE??


            "Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]" <hirf-spam-me-here@gmx.at> wrote in message
            news:uppHqO%23i GHA.836@TK2MSFT NGP02.phx.gbl.. .[color=blue]
            > "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" <notmyfirstname @planet.nl> schrieb:[color=green]
            >> I am not so glad with this message from Herfried, it was a part of a
            >> discussion, now it stands there if my message is corrected by Herfried
            >> and stand there on its own.[/color]
            >
            > Huh?! My answer perfectly solves the OP's problem, so I don't see where
            > you are seeing the problem...
            >
            > --
            > M S Herfried K. Wagner
            > M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
            > V B <URL:http://classicvb.org/petition/>[/color]

            Took me a bit to understand what Cor meant. The link you posted, Herfried,
            was a link to a "corrected" version of something Cor posted. Yes, it
            answers the OP, but the content of the link you provided also makes it look
            almost bad for Cor because it's a correction of a single post instead of the
            entire thread.

            Basically, he believes you should have posted the link to the entire thread
            (including the OP and replies) instead of just the single post you
            made...that's all :)

            Mythran

            Comment

            Working...