"Name '...' is not declared" error.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JohnJohn

    #1

    "Name '...' is not declared" error.

    Hello. I have an aspx page called MyAspx.aspx (for the sake of this
    discussion) and its associated code file, MyAspx.aspx.vb. In the .vb file, I
    have declared a variable as follows:

    Public strIntRate As String

    In the Visual Studio .NET debugger, the web page compiles and runs
    perfectly. However, I just published the web site on a different web server.
    Upon accessing the page there, it gives the error, "Name 'strIntRate' is not
    declared" and calls it a compilation error.

    Admittedly, I'm green at publishing .NET web sites. Can anyone point me to
    what the problem might be? If you need more info, let me know.

    Thanks,
    John
  • Cor Ligthert [MVP]

    #2
    Re: "Name '...' is not declared" error.

    John,

    I am not sure if I can answer this, however what I know is that in
    publishing websites the way it is done is very much changed between the
    2002/3 version and the 2005 version.

    Therefore can you tell which you use.

    Cor.


    "JohnJohn" <JohnJohn@discu ssions.microsof t.com> schreef in bericht
    news:933DFACF-3454-4E54-A9E3-F6A66FD129CA@mi crosoft.com...[color=blue]
    > Hello. I have an aspx page called MyAspx.aspx (for the sake of this
    > discussion) and its associated code file, MyAspx.aspx.vb. In the .vb
    > file, I
    > have declared a variable as follows:
    >
    > Public strIntRate As String
    >
    > In the Visual Studio .NET debugger, the web page compiles and runs
    > perfectly. However, I just published the web site on a different web
    > server.
    > Upon accessing the page there, it gives the error, "Name 'strIntRate' is
    > not
    > declared" and calls it a compilation error.
    >
    > Admittedly, I'm green at publishing .NET web sites. Can anyone point me
    > to
    > what the problem might be? If you need more info, let me know.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > John[/color]


    Comment

    • JohnJohn

      #3
      Re: &quot;Name '...' is not declared&quot; error.

      Oh yes, I should have mentioned that. I am using Visual Studio .NET 2005.

      "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" wrote:
      [color=blue]
      > John,
      >
      > I am not sure if I can answer this, however what I know is that in
      > publishing websites the way it is done is very much changed between the
      > 2002/3 version and the 2005 version.
      >
      > Therefore can you tell which you use.
      >
      > Cor.
      >
      >
      > "JohnJohn" <JohnJohn@discu ssions.microsof t.com> schreef in bericht
      > news:933DFACF-3454-4E54-A9E3-F6A66FD129CA@mi crosoft.com...[color=green]
      > > Hello. I have an aspx page called MyAspx.aspx (for the sake of this
      > > discussion) and its associated code file, MyAspx.aspx.vb. In the .vb
      > > file, I
      > > have declared a variable as follows:
      > >
      > > Public strIntRate As String
      > >
      > > In the Visual Studio .NET debugger, the web page compiles and runs
      > > perfectly. However, I just published the web site on a different web
      > > server.
      > > Upon accessing the page there, it gives the error, "Name 'strIntRate' is
      > > not
      > > declared" and calls it a compilation error.
      > >
      > > Admittedly, I'm green at publishing .NET web sites. Can anyone point me
      > > to
      > > what the problem might be? If you need more info, let me know.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > John[/color]
      >
      >
      >[/color]

      Comment

      • Cor Ligthert [MVP]

        #4
        Re: &quot;Name '...' is not declared&quot; error.

        John,

        I am sure not the best one to answer this. However did you use the publish
        method, which starts with building DLL' with some obfuscated names?

        Cor

        "JohnJohn" <JohnJohn@discu ssions.microsof t.com> schreef in bericht
        news:2270F23E-8293-4DD3-8273-DE69623B3614@mi crosoft.com...[color=blue]
        > Oh yes, I should have mentioned that. I am using Visual Studio .NET 2005.
        >
        > "Cor Ligthert [MVP]" wrote:
        >[color=green]
        >> John,
        >>
        >> I am not sure if I can answer this, however what I know is that in
        >> publishing websites the way it is done is very much changed between the
        >> 2002/3 version and the 2005 version.
        >>
        >> Therefore can you tell which you use.
        >>
        >> Cor.
        >>
        >>
        >> "JohnJohn" <JohnJohn@discu ssions.microsof t.com> schreef in bericht
        >> news:933DFACF-3454-4E54-A9E3-F6A66FD129CA@mi crosoft.com...[color=darkred]
        >> > Hello. I have an aspx page called MyAspx.aspx (for the sake of this
        >> > discussion) and its associated code file, MyAspx.aspx.vb. In the .vb
        >> > file, I
        >> > have declared a variable as follows:
        >> >
        >> > Public strIntRate As String
        >> >
        >> > In the Visual Studio .NET debugger, the web page compiles and runs
        >> > perfectly. However, I just published the web site on a different web
        >> > server.
        >> > Upon accessing the page there, it gives the error, "Name 'strIntRate'
        >> > is
        >> > not
        >> > declared" and calls it a compilation error.
        >> >
        >> > Admittedly, I'm green at publishing .NET web sites. Can anyone point
        >> > me
        >> > to
        >> > what the problem might be? If you need more info, let me know.
        >> >
        >> > Thanks,
        >> > John[/color]
        >>
        >>
        >>[/color][/color]


        Comment

        Working...